The 200 TPE cap for draft eligible players is a scam change my mind

8Ovechkin8

In today's episode on "Y'all should fight me on this" we discuss how the 200 TPE application cap for the VHLM is absolute hot garbage. Why limit a player's ability to succeed and punish players for being able to exceed that amount during their draft year. Now, lets face it, there's probably some rules that I don't really know about like players are unable to be sent down after 200 TPE or something scandalous like that but I still see no point to it. Players in the real world are not suddenly told they can no longer practice until they get drafted. I understand this is to more than likely to keep the league competitive however isn't that the jobs of the GMs to be able to find players to keep the team competitive? I need some explanation because I just ain't getting it. Do we still send down players to the VHLM if they don't make the big squad?

This is a paid advertisement. 

The cap is just applied TPE, earning isn't impacted at all. In addition, if a player is over 200 TPE by the cutoff (in offseason), they aren't eligible for the M anyways. They go straight to the E where the applied cap is 400. So no one is ever limited in earning, and no one should ever stop earning either. There will always be a spot for you.

14 minutes ago, 8Ovechkin8 said:

Do we still send down players to the VHLM if they don't make the big squad?

No this no longer happens the TPE caps limit the players to where they can play VHLM 0-200 VHLE 200-400 VHL 300+

In my first season I finished the season at 199 TPE. This means that if I could keep applying my TPE I would be at 300-400 against players joining the league at 30 TPE.