Womp Womp Womp Womp Womp Jr Review Interview

AdamEss

PHIvsVGK_db_2018-10-04_0046.JPG?format=1000w

No one is quite sure where Womp Womp Womp Womp Womp Jr came from. One presumes it was Womp Womp Womp Womp Womp Sr. but other than that the information is limited. Hockey News sat down with the Defenceman to ask him about that and other things.

HN: Hello. I'm here with Las Vegas Aces defender Womp Womp Womp Womp Womp Jr. who just completed a VHLM winning campaign. So tell us about your family.

WJ5: My dad is Womp Womp Womp Womp Womp Sr.

That clears that up.

HN: Any other family to speak of?

WJ5: None I want to talk about. Is this the childhood puff piece deal? I grew up in a few places. I did some stuff. I discovered hockey. I kept getting promoted ahead of my years becuase I was too good, too big, too tough, and too goddamned handsome. Now I'm here.

HN: In just half a season you managed to grab 9 points, hit a lot of people, help the Las Vegas Aces win the VHLM championship. That's a pretty good start to your career.

WJ5: You forgot my best stat. I'm the only person who got into a fight and actually won it. And Doug Britton, come back any other time you wanna try it. Aces beats Kings every time buddy.

HN: You said that's your best stat, winning that fight. Do you see yourself as primarily a fighter?

WJ5: No. I see fighting as a primary part of defense. You come at my playmakers, I put you out. You get frisky in general, I put you out. And if people don't like that, oh well. Bring your coach, I'll hit them too. Tell your Preacher, your accountant, anybody. Tell your agent. Especially your agent. They make enough off of you. They can come get their 15% of these hands. Tell your wife or husband to strap on some skates and I'll put them out too. Good marriages are all about shared experiences.

HN: It sounds like you relish the role of enforcer.

WJ5: I love that. It sounds like. Lets you state the obvious without sounding accusatory in case I'm sensitive about what I am. Yes. I will enforce deez nuts all across the ice. My barn, their barn, I don't care. I'm coming like a freight train. You play a good solid game and you got nothing to worry about. Of course its easy to say that knowing no one will. That's what I learned growing up.

HN: In a few places.

WJ5: Hey look at that, you listened. Yeah. Growing up in a few places taught me a lot about toughness and needing to get out there and be ready to go. Being a damned legend taught me the rest. What you saw me do this season in the VHLM is a preview of what's to come. Gimme all those leagues, tournaments, cups, and all that. I'll crush em all. then I'll rock up in your banquets, award shows, media events, and I'll crush them too. I'm charming as shit. And I'll even chip in a point or goal now and then, just to keep things interesting.

HN: Well, it's been a pleasure talking to you. I hope to hear good things about your career.

Edited by AdamEss