Reid Johnson Reflects on Time with Aces, Hopes for Future Management Position

TopTiddee2

As a Founder's Cup Champion, Reid Johnson's next goal is the VHLE Championship. Several S85 VHL Mock Drafts have placed Reid in the Top 15, one mock assigning him to being selected by Warsaw in the First Round. Though he is optimistic that he will be selected in the first round, he has mentioned several times that he is willing to join a rebuilder. 

Our Fox 39's Chris Rock was able to catch Reid coming out of the Juan Ceson Training Facility. He asked Reid what he thought about the previous season and what he looks forward to in the VHL Draft.

"Well, I think the fact we won the Founder's Cup was a huge plus to end a quite successful first year for myself. I appreciate how @Shindigs took me under his wing and built me up. The fact that he considered me an important piece of the puzzle for the club was something that kept my morale high, and the championship only boosted it more. Unfortunately, I feel like I have progressed to that 'next best thing' and something clubs will need for them to get to that next level, so this will be my only year in the VHLM."

Chris then asked Reid if he would at all return to the Aces in a management position.

"I think it would be something I enjoy. I have applied for a management position, but there has been no progress so far. Right now, I'm focused on myself and my JST team."

For his final question, Chris asked Reid if there was a certain team or level of competitiveness that he would be interested in joining.

"No, there isn't a certain team or level. I think I would fit in any position. If they have to rebuild, they should rebuild around me. If they're a contender, then I can win another championship. I will provide lots to whoever takes me in the draft. 

Neither Shindigs or VHLE GMs were available for comment.