(S86) D - Quinn Saint-Willes, TPE: 48

Squids McKenzie

1 minute ago, Squids McKenzie said:

Thanks a lot! Will do. Going through “Gustav’s Guide to Building” now. Looking to make a quick D-person with a 200 ft game

Best spot to start. There's a few different ways you can go about it :) Have fun

Hey @Squids McKenzie! I am the GM of the Brigade in the Junior Showcase Tournament! We are currently 1st in the tournament, so if you'd like to join our roster and learn what it takes to dominate in the VHL, quote this message and reply with #WeAreBrigade and I will add you to the roster! Regardless, you should join the JST Discord!

https://discord.gg/8GGAu6hJ

14 minutes ago, Squids McKenzie said:

This is tentatively what I have going on. Quick, finesse defender that has scoring ability. Would love any feedback!

EA92EAFB-986A-4AF0-A650-712AA6B1329D.jpeg

08EAB8F7-3715-4780-8599-6B6AF68F3C7D.jpeg

not a bad start! DF is definitely the best thing to focus on, but i also love the SK and PH you’ve done too! As you earn more TPE you’ll be able to increase things much more significantly but a great start!

50 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Hey @Squids McKenzie! I am the GM of the Brigade in the Junior Showcase Tournament! We are currently 1st in the tournament, so if you'd like to join our roster and learn what it takes to dominate in the VHL, quote this message and reply with #WeAreBrigade and I will add you to the roster! Regardless, you should join the JST Discord!

https://discord.gg/8GGAu6hJ

#WeAreBrigade

Tried to join @ the discord link, but comes up invalid ☹️

Edited by Squids McKenzie

2 hours ago, Squids McKenzie said:

Would love any feedback!

Looks like you've done a fine job already, and I'm not much of a build expert myself, but Defense and Scoring are generally the two most important attributes, so it might be beneficial to keep that in mind as you spend your TPE

One thing I like doing is browsing the player list and finding a player with the stats that I want, and figuring out which attributes they prioritized and essentially trying to mimic their path. Of course, there's no shame in trying to concoct your own winning build, so just do a little research (like you're already doing) and have fun with it. 

2 minutes ago, Ledge said:One thing I like doing is browsing the player list and finding a player with the stats that I want, and figuring out which attributes they prioritized and essentially trying to mimic their path. Of course, there's no shame in trying to concoct your own winning build, so just do a little research (like you're already doing) and have fun with it. 

Thanks! I’ll def keep that in mind, just check out other players with similar “play styles”. Probably throw a bit more into scoring with the next TPE I get

Also love the profile pic! Hopefully this next season we can make a deeper playoff run. That series with Ft Wayne was real chippy! Army’s doing some good stuff.

On 8/20/2022 at 1:54 PM, Squids McKenzie said:

Thanks! I’ll def keep that in mind, just check out other players with similar “play styles”. Probably throw a bit more into scoring with the next TPE I get

Also love the profile pic! Hopefully this next season we can make a deeper playoff run. That series with Ft Wayne was real chippy! Army’s doing some good stuff.

Thanks, you're probably the first to recognize it! That Komets series was for sure one for the ages, back to back OT in games 6 and 7 is pretty hard to top