Back in the Saddle Again

Gustav

It's been a while since I GMed a team, and for some reason I don't remember whether I had in one tournament or another since leaving Davos; though I certainly haven't run a team in the conventional VHL-or-VHLE-or-VHLM sense of the idea, I'm about 70% sure I did the last World Cup (though I'm looking at the Team World message history and seeing that I didn't, so seeing as my name never changed from "Captain Globehead Supreme", I don't think that was true) and 100% sure I was at least offered a spot as World Cup GM because I remember the message, though I suppose that always could have been WJC, which I doubt, and I suppose that always could have been for the S80 World Cup, which happened before I ever stepped down from Davos and which would surprise me if it were true--though, seeing as my primary assumption has been proven false, it's impossible to say that I'm correct about anything and I'd be at the very least intrigued, if not outright surprised, by whatever the truth of the matter actually happens to be, which is something that by itself doesn't exactly surprise me as I've always been known to miss all the practical small details despite remembering just about anything that isn't practical, which coincidentally also applies to the end of my VHL GM tenure as I'm now forgetting when that ended (maybe after S81? I honestly have no clue), though I'd much rather forget about that and I'm sure the rest of you would as well, even though it's important to note that if it did in fact come to an end after S81, it's been three whole seasons since I decided to get the hell out of Dodge, something that equates to approximately (I can't remember if our seasons make this over or under, but I think over) six months, meaning that we would have seen SIX whole Presidential tenures from William Henry Harrison by this point, which is something that's a bit off topic (albeit fascinating) and should serve as our cue to return to the matter at hand, that being my running of Team World in this season's VHL World Cup, a position I was very honored to accept for reasons including but certainly not limited to the retention of my second-favorite server name ever, which, as you should be able to tell, is slightly sarcastic as I've always taken pride in being a decent GM who cares about the team and the experience of the players, something I've always found a bit lacking in tournaments like these when half the team joins the server and there's a message every three days, running entirely contrary to my "active locker room" style of management that (sometimes) makes people want to be on the team even if (and when) we can't stop losing, which I hope Team World is able to do in this tournament as I thank you for putting up with this monstrosity.

@fishy hi

We are the world
We are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
It's true we'll make a better day, just you and me.