My Plans

Gustav

I debated whether I wanted to apply for the VHLM Commissioner position, but I figured I had a chance at it and there have been some things I've wanted to do with the VHLM for a long time now (you'll see). At the end of the day, I was happy to be hired and I'm looking forward to what's next for the VHLM--especially now that I've got a more direct hand in that. 

I guess I'll raise some awareness on one point, and that is that whoever's in charge of deciding these things can consider my updater position open. I have portal access as commish anyway, and I'm willing to help out with updates whenever it's necessary or whenever I otherwise feel like it, but I don't think I'm going to do it frequently enough that I should be claiming pay for it separately. A big reason why I wanted to become an updater in the first place was that I really wanted to see how things worked on that end, and now that that curiosity has been satisfied (and I have better things to do in the VHL), it's time to move on and let someone else move in if that's what those in charge want.

It's actually a really good thing for me that I'm not claiming 10 per week in job pay, anyway--one of the big things that keeps me interested in this league is creating content for it. It doesn't matter if I'm GM, commissioner, updater, or whatever--I think my best place in the league will always be one where I'm putting out articles for it, and there's no better feeling for me than to finish something I've worked hard at and watching people enjoy it. I can't promise that super consistently, because let's be realistic--the ability to do either one big task or all the small ones opens up the ability to do small stuff on weeks when I don't have as much time, and I'll definitely have weeks like that ahead of me. That isn't to say that I'll never write a media spot again, though. I have a couple ideas in the tank for Hall of Very Good and I'll certainly put up other walls of text when they occur to me.

As far as VHLM plans go? I think I'll keep that mostly secret for the time being. VHLM GMs (or at least those who were in the GM channel earlier today) already know of one big thing we'll be rolling out, and there's more on the way. @Spartan  and I have always been able to communicate well with each other, and I can say that that's continued to be the case so far. I'm super excited to be working with someone who (I think) is very similar to me and shares much of the same vision and enthusiasm for the league.

I'm also looking forward to establishing SUPREME DOMINANCE over the VHLM with my "lose a player, lose a finger" retention policy, but we'll talk about that at a later date. For now, the future should be considered bright and sunshiney, and I hope the minors will be a great place to be for a very long time.

Edited by Gustav