An announcement of an announcement

Shindigs

This season S85, is likely going to be my last as Vegas GM. We've had a very good run, and I'm hoping we can have another very strong season this time around. This does not mean that I won't be giving it my all this season, or that I'm checking out. It just means that I'm going to get busier next year and I simply won't be able to put the insane amount of time and energy into Vegas that I have been thus far, and I don't want to do the job if I can't do it to my own standards. So because of that, the only logical solution is to make this season my last one at the helm.

So my hope is that the AGM that I'll pick soon™ will essentially be trained as my replacement. This will be a large part of what I look for in my AGM, someone who wants to be trained to be in a spot where I can recommend them as my replacement at the end of S85. Naturally the choice of if they get to keep the reins comes down to the M Commishes, but I'm hoping that our season together will go well enough that whoever becomes my AGM (which will be a really hard choice based on the candidates btw) is going to be a no-brainer choice as my replacement at that point.

6 minutes ago, AJW said:

You’ve done an amazing job with Vegas, don’t leave us just yet!!

Still one season to go. But I'll burn myself out if I go much longer, especially as I'll get busier IRL.

You do a smashing job in Vegas and produce a lot of future VHL leaders and role players while doing so. You will be sorely missed as a GM and I hate to see you leave as one of the first people new members get into touch with. Having said that, I understand that the way you GM must be very time consuming. You apparently will have less time to do so in the foreseeable future, and I learned enough about you to understand that you are not doing something which you would consider half-assed. For that you have my outmost respect. I hope for the VHLM that there will be a time when you can make time again for this role and I have no shadow of a doubt that you will get the job without a second thought.