An Up-And-Down World Cup

CowboyinAmerica

:usa:

After the regular season didn't end the way that goalie Xavier Booberry wanted, he was hoping that the World Cup might be a way to turn around his fortunes. However, through the round robin portion of the competition, it seems that he's been running into a lot of the same issues.

Booberry's USA team finished fifth out of six teams in this year's round robin, coming in with a 3-6-1 record. For Booberry specifically, his .912 save percentage finished tied for fourth among all goalies, and far below Bubbles Utonium and David Davis in their standout campaigns. It was a difficult result for Booberry, he told the media after the team's most recent game.

"I want to be a gamechanger, but clearly in this tournament, I wasn't," he explained. "I look forward to repping the stars and stripes in this tourney, and I feel like I've let down my hometown fans a bit."

Still, there is time to turn things around for Booberry with the medal round ahead. First Team USA will need to get through a Team World that had similar struggles in the round robin, but afterwards would need to beat an Eastern Europe team that at times looked unstoppable.

But Booberry stresses that "anything can happen in these one game playoffs." He adds, "Have you seen the Miracle on Ice? The USA can do some crazy things with our backs against the wall. So let's do it again."