Running My First VHLM Draft

Gustav

...and also appearing on my first draft stream! You can find that on Dil's Twitch channel (something I never thought I'd link here). I'll list a general collection of thoughts about said draft, and said stream, below.

-It went well! I've seen drafts go far longer when the portal starts breaking down or when every other pick ends up in some deal that doesn't get talked about until it's on the clock, but that didn't happen. For the most part, GMs were on top of things fairly well.

-There was one thing that delayed the draft a bit, and it was my fault. A trade went through that I couldn't approve because one of the players involved was officially listed as a VHLE player rather than a VHLM player...and I had no idea how to switch that around. I had a couple others with portal perms messaging me and eventually the situation resolved itself, but for a while I was very concerned as the deal involved picks in that draft, so it wasn't something I could figure out at a later time. 

-I hate BPA'ing people. It happened in a couple cases later on in the draft when I couldn't get in touch with the GM, and it felt weird even though I knew it was the right move. I get that "stupid Gustav is keeping the draft moving when I didn't say who I wanted" isn't a rational thought, but I've also seen my share of irrational thoughts in this league and I hope no one thinks that at any point.

-I once wrote about a bit of anxiety I had about recording with people/putting my voice out there, and I think I'm mostly over that because it wasn't something I thought about much at all yesterday. I'd say it definitely helps that I have my own space to live in now--don't have to wonder if someone is listening to my business. So if anyone wants me on a podcast and is willing to deal with me being potentially available/not available at weird times, let me know 👁️

Thanks to @Dil, @Alex, @jacobcarson877, and @badcolethetitan for making the stream a fun experience! I'm looking forward to next season's draft.