From the best to the worst

All I can say is wow, what an off season we have had in Vancouver as the wolves have completed six different trade and completely overhauled the roster starting all back on August 23rd with the trade of two first round picks in S86 & S87; that was heavily criticized as most thought Vancouver gave up way too much in acquiring the two players in Alexandre Leduc and Big Cheese.

I can agree that I thought giving up two first for two really good players was nuts by the GM of the team but in the end, it did make the team better so as a player I couldn`t complain.

This quickly followed by more moves than I couldn`t follow while watching the news as piece after piece moved to bring in another great player.

Aug 25th: Draft lottery means we get the first pick overall. Yes, We have a good player ready to join the roster this season.

Aug 26: Wattson Power for a second from Moscow meaning we had four defenders heading into the season. Yes, we are much improved with Cheese & Power joining myself and Lemieux.

Aug 27th: Draft day and the team drafts??? Henry Eagles Well, That makes sense as we needed forwards but I thought everyone had us taking John Jameson as he is managed by the General Manager. Well, He was the best player in the draft and was projected at first overall until we moved up two days ago.  

Aug 28th: Uh, Wait what we just traded Lemieux, Schmigel and two prospect in Oden & Hampton for a bunch of late picks? Why was this trade completed. This made our team worse and we didn`t gain anything from the trade really.

Oh, there is more. Nathan Powers for a 3rd from New York. Okay, so our defence is made better but what about our forward group. What isn`t he a free agent. Hopefully he signs.

Uh oh, we just trade another forward away in Bob Chicoine that must mean we have something else in the works and Eagles will make the jump straight to the VHL like I did, right?

Yeah, Okay. We have brought in another veteran with the trade of 3rd for Anze Miklavz. Hopefully this is a trade and sign otherwise that looks like a bad move giving up a pick for a free agent with free agency opening tomorrow.

Heck, Yes!! Both players rights acquired today have signed contracts meaning we have a good defensive group and the forwards look okay. We also still have cash to hopefully add another good forward heading into Free agency tomorrow. But I am not expecting much.

Aug 29th: Free agency has just opened and the biggest news of the day is Nico Pearce has up and decided to leave Helsinki announcing via a press conference today that he is joining the Vancouver Wolves.

Oh my God!! Did the team just sign one of the best if not the best forward in the league!! Yum!! I think we are going to be a good team next season. When does camp open, do I have clean underwear ready? Oh, Am I ready? What a second I am the worse defender on the team now!! Yeah??

In the end Pierre Emile Bouchard has actually gone from being the lone defender looking at prospects and picks as to hold hope for the future season ahead but after all is said and done, he has gone from the best, only defender to actually being the worst on a team now looking to contend this season for the Continental Cup. Nice!!