Currently Choked

John Cimarno

The current S85 VHLM season has started and I am absolutely choked. I upgraded a lot of defensive coverage and offensive vision along with all the other super strong attributes and the results just hasn't been where I think they should be. Though it is still quite early in the season I am worried that my production won't pick up at all and I will still be an inconsistent goal scoring right winger in the VHLM. I was placed on defense for two of the seven games that the Lynx have played thus far and I scored 1 goal. So maybe that was why my production took a hit from game one of the season where I was the first star and had 2 goals and one assist. I was scoring at a really good pace and had a lot of fun. I had 3 goals in the first 2 games of the season and then now I have 4 goals in 7 games and I still only have an assist to show for my efforts.

As the captain of the Lynx I know I need to be better. If the teams expectations are to make the playoffs and do well in said playoffs I have to play better. My lack of offensive production and with how much of a defensive liability I am, I don't help the team in any way. The top 3 players on the Lynx have been struggling offensively but now that we're all back on a line together we should be able to benefit off one another. This theory will be tested as todays sims get simmed. I am excited to be back on offense where I am best suited and hoping for an outburst of scoring from Sadie Brayden and I. 

Goaltender Fuukka Rask has been carrying the Lynx to victories in some games and hasn't gotten any recognition for it. The guys are extremely happy with his performance in net aside from the one bad game. If Richards Brayden and Sadie can figure out the offense then the Lynx will be quite a dangerous team moving forward. We have a really good record of 5-1-1 but it doesn't feel like I had anything to do with it outside of games 1-3. I like the Lynx but we have to figure out the offense. Hopefully todays sim will determine whether Richards is just that bad or if playing defense was holding him back. 

I hope we win both games today and my goal is to score at least one goal and an assist. I will be happy with a 30 goal season but I really want that 40 goal season. I want to be the best captain I can be and lead the team by example. I want to help the team win and if we lose we lose as a team. Night in and night out I want to go out there and do a little bit of everything. I want to throw a big hit or score a big goal or make a big assist. Whatever I do I want it to help the team and benefit my teammates going forwards. No more mumbo jumbo or messing around Richards is here to score and that's just what he'll do. Tired of the inconsistency, I want to be able to ignore it and keep shooting and hopefully good things will happen.