Games: 86-100

VHL Games

Game 88 - Mississauga Hounds vs. Halifax 21st

For a game that ended up with one team having 53 shots on goal while the other legitimately had 6 shots on goal per period for the entire game, it's surprising that the game was decided by one goal. An all-Canadian VHLM matchup; we have Mississauga and Halifax facing off. There was no action at all. The only action the crowd got to see was B-MIS D1 taking a hooking penalty. However, there was a bit more to see in the second period. Starting off the period quickly, almost acting like an apology for the lack of action taking place in the first 20, Halifax kicked off the scoring with a goal 33 seconds in. The goal scorer was Jeffrey Bezos with his 14th goal, assisted by Babay Shrimp (whose name, for some reason, I can't help but sing to the tune of baby shark) and Vinny Lecavalier. And about 6 minutes later, Halifax increased their lead with a goal from Bedirhan Paard, also scoring his 14th. This time, the goal was assisted by Pasi Anssi. Then Mississauga cut the lead in half with B-MIS C3 scoring on the power play with B-MIS D6 and B-MIS RW3. I'm surprised that B-MIS is proving to be such a popular first name. Who knows? This could be a name trend poised to explode in the future. I digress; we head to the second intermission with a Halifax 2-1 lead. Then in the third, nothing happens except for a hooking penalty taken by Vinny Lecavalier. That was the end of the game and Halifax won 2-1. Considering they had the shot lead of 53-18, Mississauga should be thankful for Justin Lion's extraordinary performance.

Game 98 - Halifax 21st vs. Mississauga Hounds

Ten VHLM games later, these two teams met again. No preface needed, let's get right into it. Mississauga, while their offense is limited, it is consistent as they got 18 shots on goal yet again. Halifax had 41. The first of those shots on goal was from Jeffrey Bezos starting the scoring off yet again to give Halifax a one goal lead 27 seconds in. Assisted by Babay Shrimp and Vinny Lecavalier. Huh. Deja vu. Then a second Halifax goal was scored by... Bedirhan Paard. Assisted by... Pasi Anssi? Wow. Serious deja vu. For a second, I thought I was looking at the wrong game. Those two surprisingly familiar goals were the only goals in the first frame. I swear, it's like the VHL is a simulation. Anyways, the game entered the second frame. 50 seconds in on the powerplay, Babay Shrimp scored to increase the lead to 3-0. Then Baby scored again less than a minute later to extend the Halifax lead even further. There were no more goals in the second until the last minute and 5 seconds. TurkeyBig scored to increase the Halifax lead even more. Up 4-0 going into the third, Halifax was looking poised to take the win. Mississauga needed a hero. Justin Lion was playing as well as he could but he needed some help on offense. Either one of the 18 B-MISes (seriously, what is with this name trend?) or Ben McLaughlin needed to score to help Mississauga get back on track. They found their hero in B-MIS RW1, who scored to get Mississauga on the board. All they needed was three more goals... which they didn't get. Halifax, naturally, wins.