Phil Strasmore's Junior Review

Phil

Better Late Than Never

DWAYNE THE ROCK JOHNSON AKA SPENSER STRASMORE BALLERS CUSTOM MADE ART CARD  | eBay

I will try to keep this as concise as possible, as I am still used to writing Biographies for the VHL. However, the title says it all. Phil Strasmore did not aspire to be a hockey player. In fact, his professional athletic career began in football. Unfortunately, an injury forced him out of the game and he had to reassess his options. Phil Knight, VHL Builder HoF player agent, made no secret about recruiting him into the VHL, seeing the potential that he could turn into a defensive wall and playmaker. This is the stage that needed to be set before we really get into the review of his Junior Season.

Knowing that he had absolutely no playing experience, but was an immensely framed athlete with heaps of athleticism, Phil Knight made arrangements for Strasmore to be flown into Liverpool, which hosts the famous ice rink training site he co-founded with his former client, VHL Hall of Famer, and now life-long friend Phil Gerard. Gerard got Strasmore on skates for the first time and did a full assessment. 

"Because of his injury, he needed to change the way he has always used his body," Gerard explained. "He was so used to throwing his full force into everything and that is one of the reasons he got his injury in the first place. Now, I've been training him to use his body to get in the way. This will bode very well for a defenseman in the VHL. With his size, he only needs to lean into players."

"You could tell he was a professional athlete," Phil Knight commented. "Although he had never been on skates before, you could just see his body movements were all in perfect balance. it only took him a couple of strides to really start generating some magnificent power in his legs. That was my biggest worry - that he wouldn't be able to skate. Now I just needed to leave it up to Gerrard to help Strasmore learn to adapt to his limitations and use his IQ to be successful. This is the toughest and riskiest process I've ever done but I have full faith in Strasmore and think he will be a tremendous asset to any team." 

Strasmore immediately showed Gerard his athleticism and it was plain to see that he would make a decent impact in the league. Phil Knight drafted up the agency papers and Strasmore signed with him that evening. Just like that, Strasmore was a footballer turned hockey player. 

418 Words.

Edited by Phil
Grammar checking, lol.