Rambling OOC Draft Thoughts

Bojovnik

I don't post OOC much, but I guess this is the time to do it.

So Boga's going in the drafton Monday. It's certainly a different experience to what I went through with Hlo, when I was totally new to the league and really didn't know what was going on. I remember wanting to go to an EU team, and at that time it could've been Riga, Helsinki, or Malmo. Hedge reached for me at 8, and I was happy.

Now it's a different story. If you look at the TPE rankings, I'm number two. Behind OD who just churns out HOF players, and several other legends of the forums. Am I able to compete with these guys? Unlikely. Do I have the track record or CV of these guys? Probably not. But I've really bought into Boga, and the ultimate goal is of him hitting 1150 TPE before beginning fighting depreciation. I know it's difficult to read much into VHLE stats, but I think the build that I'm working with him is going to make him a solid contributor.

Ok, with that said. Let's look at who could take Boga. In general, it's going to be one of four teams.

Riga - Yes, I'd be super keen to go back to Riga (and stay there this time). However, is Hedge going to pass on OD for me? No chance

Seattle - This is where things get interesting. Hlo had some history with Bana, but you can't deny that Seattle have activity and a track record of success. Obviously there's rumours of what Seattle can do with #2 and #5. Seattle has also become all the more appealing since they got my boy @rory

Helsinki & Toronto - Erm. No thanks.

So there we have it. Only three teams have reached out to have a word, and one of those was merely out of courtesy. I guess draft scouting is dead?

Meh.

Edited by Bojovnik