An Article about stuff, and presumably also things.

Shindigs

Yes, fellow VHLers it's that time again. My multi-claim ended and it's time to write about stuff and things. So what have I been up to in sim leagues lately? Well, it's been off-season in the VHL and since I'm no longer a GM the answer to that question for our beloved league is literally nothing. I have, however, been up to stuff in other leagues.

In the SHL I created a player a while back where I was roleplaying an unreliable clicker only to get drafted 45th OA to the Manhattan Rage, where there's an interesting amount of Chicago Phoenix connection, as it turns out. So since it's their Draft Media weeks, I've been busy cranking out "high quality" FORUM CONTENT over there most of the week. So to say that any and all creative juices are dried up by now, would be an understatement. It's overall been a really fun time getting to know some new people though, so that's always good.

Over in the SBA where I also share a LR with a very respectable number of VHLers I've just signed a new contract to stay another 3 seasons with The Clue Glue Golem in Toronto under GM @AdamEss. So that's a good time, our start to the season has been a mixed bag to say the least. But hopefully we can find our groove and push for a playoff spot.

In the EFL where I'm effectively on a LR of nothing but VHLers in Seattle on my main player Anthonty Pratt, we just had a huge draft adding tonnes of VHLers and finally getting a more active LR going. My 2nd player was in the draft and managed to get snagged by Seattle at 16OA in an insanely stacked draft (I actually earned less TPE on my first player and went 2OA in his draft). So I have both players on the same team, which is neat. One less LR to worry about. In other VHL related EFL news my new RTP ended up on McW's team together with some other VHLers and some people I don't know as well. So that may be a fun time too. Who knows?

Looking forward it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the VHFL this season, seeing as the draft will basically start after the season. With it having been moved up a few days. How many people will just take their 12 hour timer to get as much info as possible before making their picks? Well, that remains to be seen. For me it's a bit annoying, because I was looking forward to trolling everyone into picking Bo. Since he looks like he will be a hitter, though he really won't be. At his TPA it's just that getting BC+PO to the point where you still end up at 40 CK is a cheaper way to gain DF than by increasing the actual non-CK DF hybrids. After taking depreciation into account. So Bo will have 67 CK or however much he has on paper, but also enough DI to completely cancel it out once the season actually gets up and running. With the season start being before the draft, I have to stop pretending that I'm just banking TPE and actually apply that PO though, showing my card before I can bamboozle people. Unlucky!