Bogatyrev Nets First Goal in Crucial Seattle Win

Bojovnik

It’s not been the best start to the season for the Seattle Bears, but the luck of the Washington state team could be turning around after two crunch wins on Wednesday and Thursday.

The Bears, who had a 2-4 record through their first six games, took to the ice against the Chicago Phoenix on Thursday desperate for a win. They came out of the gates hot, outshooting their Illinois foes 27-13 through two periods and holding a two-goal lead thanks to efforts by Florida Man and Chip Stone.

However, the Phoenix rallied back and tied the game at 2 apiece with a quick two-goal salvo in the opening five minutes of the final frame.

The Bears looked to be on the ropes, but it would turn out to be a perfect time for Yaroslav Bogatyrev, the second overall pick in the S86 VHL Entry Draft, to fire home a Tavish DeGroot feed to score his first VHL goal, and a game-winning goal at that.

“First of all it was great to get the win. It’s been a difficult few games getting used to the speed at which the game is played at this level. However, to get such an important goal as my first goal in the VHL is nice. Tav made a great play and all I had to do was finish it up. Most important thing was the win, but I’ll be keeping this puck that’s for sure,” Bogatyrev told reporters after the game.