Ask Tate (The End is Nigh)

Tate

My experience is telling anyone something that they don`t want to hear no matter how it is stayed or put while usually be met with deaf ears. Even if it is your wife!! LOL!!

I remember when we were dating and we were dating for a few years. I was living with her in Japan at this time as we were heading out for the day to a Aquarium but for some odd reason she worn mix matching shirt, skirt and cowboy boots. It looked bad so I politely suggested that she might want to change her top to match the boots or change the boots to something a bit easier to match with the rest of her out fit. She started to argue with me but I stopped her as it up to her on what she wears. So out we went for the day and a bunch of pictures taken throughout the day made her realize that what I had suggested wasn`t meant to be mean or anything but out of the kindness of my own heart so that she would be embarrassed. We still have all the pictures of your trip that day around the house and now when she ask for advice with clothing she listens.

Also as you get older, you are right you learn what matters more and what doesn`t as we let our kids wear whatever they want within reason, backwards, upside down and inside out. It doesn`t really matter. My youngest actually likes exploring different ways of doing things like walking up stairs backwards, wear clothes different then how they are meant etc.... It best to let them learn on their own and have fun exploring.  

18 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

My experience is telling anyone something that they don`t want to hear no matter how it is stayed or put while usually be met with deaf ears. Even if it is your wife!! LOL!!

I remember when we were dating and we were dating for a few years. I was living with her in Japan at this time as we were heading out for the day to a Aquarium but for some odd reason she worn mix matching shirt, skirt and cowboy boots. It looked bad so I politely suggested that she might want to change her top to match the boots or change the boots to something a bit easier to match with the rest of her out fit. She started to argue with me but I stopped her as it up to her on what she wears. So out we went for the day and a bunch of pictures taken throughout the day made her realize that what I had suggested wasn`t meant to be mean or anything but out of the kindness of my own heart so that she would be embarrassed. We still have all the pictures of your trip that day around the house and now when she ask for advice with clothing she listens.

Also as you get older, you are right you learn what matters more and what doesn`t as we let our kids wear whatever they want within reason, backwards, upside down and inside out. It doesn`t really matter. My youngest actually likes exploring different ways of doing things like walking up stairs backwards, wear clothes different then how they are meant etc.... It best to let them learn on their own and have fun exploring.  

Love hearing that story, and it's so true!! You rock  :)