Christmas movies made me late

Phil

There’s got to be a better title in there somewhere…

Strasmore managed to just get to the rink before it locked its doors and got that final practice hours in. He was delayed after finishing up the holiday classic Home Alone.

Strasmore reportedly got into bed before remembering about his last practice of the week. 

why didn’t he do it during the day? It’s because he was too busy making a list of all the Christmas movies he either had already viewed or needed to view before Christmas. There’s 34 on his list at the moment. Obviously the classics are there - Home Alone, Love Actually, National Lampoons, Elf, the Family Man, etc. He also has his animated fix covered via Arthur Christmas and Klaus as well as some of his alternative favourites like Why Him, the Holiday, Serendipity. Muppets Christmas Carol and the Alastair Sim version of the dickens tale makes it there too. 

All this to say that between watching these, the World Cup, and practicing, Strasmore is a busy and tired man

In Germany and Switzerland there is a Holiday classic called 'three Hazelnuts for Cinderella'... it is a Czech movie from the 70s and Christmas feels wrong without having seen it. Also in my youth there was always 'Dr Zhivago', 'Gone with the Wind' and 'Ben Hur' on the Television. And of course 'Die Hard' is a Christmas staple.

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, Phil said:

Arthur Christmas

Good man. Been saying for years that more people need to see Arthur Christmas.

Article Review:

Any article that garners this much positive attention deserves a great ranking regardless of the topic.  Putting in my own 2 cents on this, my wife aways makes me watch the Holiday, but honestly Jack Black makes the movie, especially the scene in the Blockbuster.  My childhood favourite which you can no longer buy legally is Muppet Family Christmas.  it was pulled from the airways due to copywrite issues but if you can find it in the dark recesses of the internet I highly recommend it.  We need many more articles of this nature on here, it is upbeat, from the players perspective and is absolutely funny.  10/10 great work.