Oskar Lindbergh: "I'm Not Retiring"

Doomsday

TORONTO - The number of games left in Season 86 is dwindling quickly, and if rumors are to be believed, so is the career of Toronto Legion netminder Oskar Lindbergh. In the final season of his five-year contract, no news whatsoever has been reported about an extension, and with prospect goaltenders Joel Castle and Jeremy Swayman expected to join the pro roster in Season 87, the writing is on the wall. However, any thoughts of retirement were quickly dashed when a reporter asked Oskar about it following Toronto's 1-0 loss to the Calgary Wranglers. 

"I'm not retiring," Lindbergh confidently answered. "I still have more hockey to play, and I believe that I will be playing in the VHL next season."

lindbergh.png.18dde0bbcb5409c82b47fe3b22e89b9f.png

However, exactly where he'll be playing remains to be seen.

"No, I can't comment on where I'll be playing," Lindbergh answered. "I'm still a member of the Toronto Legion, and I'm going to do what I can to win us every game we can. If I don't get re-signed, then I can worry about who I'll be playing for beyond this season."

Lindbergh and Toronto travel to Prague to take on the Phantoms in their next game. 

Jethro Novacek is a writer for the MSFL Times, the leader in simulation sports news. He enjoys a fine mullet, the smooth voice of Ric Flair, and asking strangers if they have any gum.