How Season 83 Players Have Become The VHL's Top Experimental Subjects

How Season 83 Players Have Become The VHL's Top Experimental Subjects

As we go through seasons after seasons of VHL simulations, we find loop holes and tricks in beating the system and making a meta for how to be "good" in the VHL simulations. I personally experienced the high flying, high scoring era, as a forward playing in the speedy SC and DF VHL in the form of Rhynex Entertainment. And then the transformation happens for my 2nd gen player in AirRig GoodBrandSun.

AirRig GoodBrandSun first entered the VHL in Season 83 as a Season 83 rookie. This also so happened to be the first season the VHL had integrated the new Hybrid stats system for skaters. While players who were drafted and started before Season 83 had a chance to inflate their career stats with a pre-hybrid player characteristics. Players drafted and started the VHL in Season 83 will face the full bulk of the "Hybrid Laws".

What are these "Hybrid Laws" you ask? The "Hybrid Laws" are what I call the transformation of the skater's characteristics for simulation and the heavy burden of the new depreciation formation that follows. Players created and drafted before Season 83 would be subjected to an increased advantage in career points and averages compared to players drafted in Season 83 and onwards. And thus Season 83 drafted players have become the VHL's top experimental subjects. Season 83 players who started to play in the VHL in Season 83 would experience what all new players would experience as the first hand experiencer. They will have the "norm" career statistics without any inflated pre-hybrid career stats.

I'm sure many of you are asking "What are you talking about? How are Season 83 drafted players the first to experience the "norm" career statistics when most Season 82 players would start their VHL careers in Season 83?". Well this is how I understand things, and I could very well have misinterpreted things and I could be completely wrong. And please correct me if I am wrong, but if I understood things correctly, players drafted in Season 82, even if they started their VHL pro careers in Season 83, would be subjected to depreciation in 5 seasons (player creation + 6 season = VHL drafted player + 5 seasons, since a player is drafted into the VHL one season after its creation: ie. AirRig GoodBrandSun was created in Season 82 (VHLM Season 82 draft, and drafted into the VHL in Season 83; VHL Season 83 draft). Since that's the case, a player drafted into the VHL in Season 82, would have been created in Season 81. Season 81 + 6 seasons gives us Season 87 as first season with depreciation. We will face the full bulk of the new depreciation starting in Season 88, therefore even if the VHL drafted Season 82 player had started their VHL pro career in Season 83, they will still experience their first season of depreciation in Season 87, where the depreciation is of a weaker level. Of course, I would be completely reading things and understanding things incorrectly. But that's how I interpreted the rules. Of course, with players taking their sweet time with the minor leagues and entering pro a lot later than others, that complicates things for my little head, so I really don't understand how these things work, and I could be completely wrong.

On the other hand, a player created in Season 82, and drafted into the VHL in Season 83, they will be the first to face the full force of the "Hybrid Laws": First to experience Hybrid only player career stats and first to experience the full power of the new depreciation! Season 82 drafted VHL players would experience a weakened depreciation in their first season of depreciation in Season 87, while a Season 83 drafted VHL player will experience their first season of depreciation in Season 88. The new depreciation laws start in Season 88. Therefore, Season 83 players are the VHL's top experimental subjects as they would be the first to have only post-Hybrid VHL career stats while facing the full force of the new depreciation for their career.

[word count 695]

Nice write-up here, you're right that S83's will be guinea pigs of sorts. They will be the first class to fully experience the new depreciation system as a 9 season player in the S83 class will face all 4 depreciation hits. It'll certainly be interesting to see how they manage, and I hope we gave them all enough time to adequately adjust as well.

Regarding the pre-hybrid stats, we're getting to a point where very few players will exist in that range. It's really just the S80 and 81 players that experienced the meta era, but they would have been rookies and sophomores so generally not a ton of points. For some assurance, we do factor in the eras and scoring trends when discussing players for the HOF, so don't worry about the S80 stats vs S83 players' stats at that point.

Just now, Daniel Janser said:

*emits sad noises*

Well that's not excluding you from the conversations, you're quite literally performing better than me in the S81 class lol. When you're compared to your peers in HOF discussuons, if you continue this pace of 100+ point seasons with more individual awards, it'd be difficult to not see you there.

3 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Well that's not excluding you from the conversations, you're quite literally performing better than me in the S81 class lol. When you're compared to your peers in HOF discussuons, if you continue this pace of 100+ point seasons with more individual awards, it'd be difficult to not see you there.

I just contributed this as a meme. When I started this player as a two-way winger, I would not have dreamt of getting a three digit number in scoring. And after last season I was worried that such a success is not sustainable... and then DJ goes and does one better... I am quite happy with the career so far and at this point only hope for a cup. All the other stuff is nice and flattering my ego, but at the end of the day is garnish (a very welcome one, I may hasten to add).