The Wann Kerr curse

VattghernCZ

The day is October 23, 2022. The Las Vegas Aces are suiting up to play game 7 of their semi-final series against the Mexico City Kings. The winner of the series would be a massive Founders Cup favorite. Centering the second Aces line is Wann Kerr, a young Czech forward for whom it is the first ever full season in the VHLM. A gutsy performance by the Aces allowed them to advance to the finals to clash with the Philadelphia Reapers. Everybody but the S85 Aces has to love the underdog story of the final series. Wann Kerr was watching the soul-wrenching scene of his opponents lifting the cup after the Aces lost in 6 games.

Fast forward to November 10, 2022. There is Wann Kerr, raising his draft stock as one of the top Junior Showcase Tournament players leading the Brigade to the tournament final. It's game 7 of the final series against the Delhi Pickles. A very close game was decided by a 3rd period goal scored by Wann's teammate, woooooo! Oh wait. It was his Aces teammate. Who was a member of the Pickles now. An all too familiar scene was now taking place in front of Kerr's eyes, as the Pickles players lifted the cup.

Let's jump to January 6, 2023. Rome Gladiators are facing the Oslo Storm in game 7 of the VHLE finals. Leading the Gladiators in goals and points is Wann Kerr. But Oslo couldn't be stopped. After advancing to the semi-finals as a wild card team, they upset the VHLE juggernaut Cologne Express, and the momentum was definitely on their side in the final game against the Gladiators as they've tied the series after being down 1-3. Another character building moment for Wann Kerr as he watched his opponents lift the cup for the 3rd time.

Will the Wolves or this season's WJC Team Europe change this trend, or will Wann Kerr bring his curse to his teams? Let's find out.

As an assistant to the director in Rome. I must apologize for having opted you a 3rd consecutive defeat of this curse. You get so far every time and your character shows it after every game. You are one of the elite and we are happy to have you in Rome. We may not have won the cup this season but it was our best season in a long time. You can be proud of this achievement because you made a team that was often in the bottom of the standings at the top of their form. You are a model for the youth who will follow the path of Rome and as I say since my arrival as AGM. All roads lead to Rome. 

Now I can answer as Jeremy Swayman. As a teammate! I'm glad I got to play with Wann Kerr. You often found the offense to score and were able to be part of the results that can often save games. Our best strategy tactic was the confidence in our group that allowed us to go far. Don't regret your experience because you proved that Wann Kerr is not to be taken lightly. And you have a proof of your experience if we watch every game. I would say you were 60% in the 3 stars at the end of every game. This shows your involvement and experience in every game. Thanks again Wann Kerr for this season. 

Sincerely Agito or even your teammate Swayman.

RomeTeamBar.png

4 minutes ago, Agito said:

As an assistant to the director in Rome. I must apologize for having opted you a 3rd consecutive defeat of this curse. You get so far every time and your character shows it after every game. You are one of the elite and we are happy to have you in Rome. We may not have won the cup this season but it was our best season in a long time. You can be proud of this achievement because you made a team that was often in the bottom of the standings at the top of their form. You are a model for the youth who will follow the path of Rome and as I say since my arrival as AGM. All roads lead to Rome. 

Now I can answer as Jeremy Swayman. As a teammate! I'm glad I got to play with Wann Kerr. You often found the offense to score and were able to be part of the results that can often save games. Our best strategy tactic was the confidence in our group that allowed us to go far. Don't regret your experience because you proved that Wann Kerr is not to be taken lightly. And you have a proof of your experience if we watch every game. I would say you were 60% in the 3 stars at the end of every game. This shows your involvement and experience in every game. Thanks again Wann Kerr for this season. 

Sincerely Agito or even your teammate Swayman.

RomeTeamBar.png

The season was definitely a fun experience I'll happily reflect on as Wann's career progresses. Coming so close all these times feels extremely rewarding for a newbie like myself. You guys in the management did a hell of a job putting this team together. It was also great seeing my player being put in a position to succeed on a team as strong as this Gladiators squad was.

And Swayman, oh boy, how great it was to have one of the league's best goalie tending the crease and just being an MVP.

See you guys soon, maybe on the opposite end of the ice, maybe in a locker room, who knows.

On 1/7/2023 at 11:15 AM, VattghernCZ said:

The season was definitely a fun experience I'll happily reflect on as Wann's career progresses. Coming so close all these times feels extremely rewarding for a newbie like myself. You guys in the management did a hell of a job putting this team together. It was also great seeing my player being put in a position to succeed on a team as strong as this Gladiators squad was.

And Swayman, oh boy, how great it was to have one of the league's best goalie tending the crease and just being an MVP.

See you guys soon, maybe on the opposite end of the ice, maybe in a locker room, who knows.

Your arch nemesis should be @JetsGoalie101dude has lifted 2 cups against you Vatt. Will this trend continue in the VHL?

Just now, Pifferfish said:

Your arch nemesis should be @JetsGoalie101dude has lifted 2 cups against you Vatt. Will this trend continue in the VHL?

Either way, to make 3 consecutive finals in 3 different formats is an accomplishment you should be proud of! Also, did Kerr play for EU and win gold last year in the WJC? 

5 hours ago, Pifferfish said:

Either way, to make 3 consecutive finals in 3 different formats is an accomplishment you should be proud of! Also, did Kerr play for EU and win gold last year in the WJC? 

Nope, he was in Team World

Maybe they will be, but not now during the WJC lol. Can't bring bad blood in the LR

Edited by VattghernCZ

Here are some articles he may find helpful should you choose to become my nemesis and hate sunglasses 🕶️

The Mystery of Sunglasses Joyo

Is the VHLM ready for a star player who exclusively wears sunglasses?

Sunglasses Joyo, Team Destroyer

Edited by JetsGoalie101

2 hours ago, VattghernCZ said:

Maybe they will be, but not now during the WJC lol. Can't bring bad blood in the LR

Rivals since Peewee? Same continent, these two have been at each other's throats at every level of competition!

34 minutes ago, Pifferfish said:

Rivals since Peewee? Same continent, these two have been at each other's throats at every level of competition!

Both Kerr and Joyo should put some points in fighting to make it more entertaining. I hope Joyo wasn't that teammate who stole Kerr's gf back in his beer league days