Jacob's VHFL Review

jacobcarson877

So my VHFL group finished a while ago so its time for me to review my selections and tell you why I did them and how good of a pick I think they were. Hopefully this has the same affect as STZ's  review usually does and these players are incredible this season.

Alright my first pick was Vasile Lamb. I feel like this isn’t the safest second pick, especially with heading to a new team, but that was actually the reason I was so excited to pick Lamb. Considering the competition in the Warsaw forward group, for Lamb to do that well last season just means that as the uncontested leader in a rather underwhelming DC forward group, there is good potential to do better than last season.

My second pick was Vinny Detroit, another player moving teams, and another player leaving a pretty solid Davos roster to join a rather underwhelming Stars roster. You know what you’re getting with Detroit, and that is physicality. Should have no difficulty keeping that up, now its just hoping the offense can keep up (or improve).

Third pick was Saku Kotkakoivu, who used to be a consensus top 3 pick back when I started paying attention. Prague looks pretty good despite losing Jokinen to retirement, and Saku should be able to form a nice duo with one of the forwards. Pretty safe pick here and one I’m happy to make especially in the 3rd round.

Fourth was Tavish DeGroot, who in my opinion has one of the best opportunities to succeed in the league this season. Riga is pretty barren, as their prospects grow up, and DeGroot has the opportunity to be a powerhouse with absolutely no internal competition. Riga may not win a lot, but DeGroot should be getting a large portion of the sim-mandated points.

Fifth was an interesting one for me, as I had to look beyond the initial D list I had made. Once again looking at last season’s rankings and looking for someone who has a better opportunity than they did last season. Pierre Emile Bouchard has been growing for the last few seasons sheltered behind Biggie Cheese and Nathan Powers. But now, Pierre is the top dog on the back end for a fringe contender Wolves team. Could be a breakout candidate and in the 5th round, that’s exactly what I need.

Sixth round is goalie time and somehow with the second last pick I land the top goaltender (at least TPA-wise) in the league. Booberry should have a great time with Davos this season behind a great D core and a competitive forward group. Always nice to get one of your top choices in net.

Anyways that’s the team! Sorry if I curse you, but I want to win VHFL, and my group is strong so I need all the good luck I can get. Sorry for those who picked Landon Wolanin, he is in fact going to have a garbage season, and you should have picked Molly the Cat instead.

Edited by jacobcarson877