So this is the big league, eh?

VattghernCZ

There it is. After few months of grinding and waiting, the highly anticipated moment is here! My first player is playing VHL games! With getting to the VHL sooner or later being the point, with the most attention being paid to the VHL and with the most avtivity being in the VHL, I will now be able to experience this league in full! So what changed?

To be perfectly honest...not much.

I don't necessarily mean it on a bad way. I sure was super excited to join the reigning Cup champions and the team management really made me feel welcome, but the graduation somehow felt...mundane? I think that's as close to the word I'm looking for as I'm gonna get. I was expecting a sense of accomplishment that just hasn't arrived (...yet. Hopefully). Many members bash the E, but looking back, the graduation from the M to the E felt more...more. I don't know. On one hand, it makes sense, it was the first time I've experienced my player moving up. On the other hand, going from the E to the top league is a bigger step.

Okay, I admit I've had a pretty tough schedule in my offline life lately, unfortunately coinciding with the start of my player's rookie season. That definitely has a big part of me being underwhelmed. And especially this week has been so exhausting that it lead me to just put my feelings in words rather than to think about a PT or an article that would make sense.

To anyone is still reading this, I have a question: did you feel similarly? Or is it just me being overall mentally drained? I guess asking this was the point of this post more than anything else. Thanks.

23 minutes ago, VattghernCZ said:

There it is. After few months of grinding and waiting, the highly anticipated moment is here! My first player is playing VHL games! With getting to the VHL sooner or later being the point, with the most attention being paid to the VHL and with the most avtivity being in the VHL, I will now be able to experience this league in full! So what changed?

To be perfectly honest...not much.

I don't necessarily mean it on a bad way. I sure was super excited to join the reigning Cup champions and the team management really made me feel welcome, but the graduation somehow felt...mundane? I think that's as close to the word I'm looking for as I'm gonna get. I was expecting a sense of accomplishment that just hasn't arrived (...yet. Hopefully). Many members bash the E, but looking back, the graduation from the M to the E felt more...more. I don't know. On one hand, it makes sense, it was the first time I've experienced my player moving up. On the other hand, going from the E to the top league is a bigger step.

Okay, I admit I've had a pretty tough schedule in my offline life lately, unfortunately coinciding with the start of my player's rookie season. That definitely has a big part of me being underwhelmed. And especially this week has been so exhausting that it lead me to just put my feelings in words rather than to think about a PT or an article that would make sense.

To anyone is still reading this, I have a question: did you feel similarly? Or is it just me being overall mentally drained? I guess asking this was the point of this post more than anything else. Thanks.

For me it was similar, but this was more about me moving the goal post. So I had always felt that I have not accomplished what I wanted to. And this is still going on, as I have yet to win the Continental Cup. I think once I achieved that final goal, the feeling of accomplishment will finally settle in (which is hopefully by the end of this season) ;)

A suggestion I can give you is to try getting into the team management jobs if you didn’t yet. There is plenty if AGMs jobs available each seasons, in my opinion, the feeling of accomplishment or challenge as a player can indeed be disappointing at times and it feels like there is nothing you can do but hope for luck to go your way. But those managing jobs are more interactive and are really fun. Give it a try if you are not agm yet :)

A lot of what you said is true there really isn't any grand gesture when you get called up to the bigs. Most members have to find their own motivation and self fulfillment. Kerr is also playing behind a deep forward group so it will be difficult to contend for ROTY honours. Hopefully team success and me doing my job as GM can keep you around long enough since the individual accolades might ve a while yet. Kerr also had a very strong season in the E so it might be a bit tough going from over a point per gane to half that Hopefully that motivates you though, you have a ton of potential as a player and member. :cheers:

Even good rookie seasons are tough, but watching yourself grow and start to hit your stride is eventually a really fun feeling. Until the VHL, being a good earner is enough to get yourself into a good position to be a key player for your team, but in the VHL being a good earner, over a period of time, is what gets you to be a key player. A real change of pace, but reaching something you're proud of makes up for it. Keep up the good work!

On 2/5/2023 at 11:35 PM, VattghernCZ said:

did you feel similarly? Or is it just me being overall mentally drained?

I know with my first player I had big expectations so when I moved up I wasn`t completely thrilled with the lack of production and playing a limited role. It was closer to end of my career last three or four season that I realized that my player had a very good career and actually had somethings to chase in the way of team records.

Second player has been much different as I knew not to expect to be impact player in the first three years or so. I also learned to self focus rather then production focus so I set build goals (TPE) and role play my player as much as I can.

At the end of the day you control only what you can control and in the VHL that is earning TPE & build of your player.

And yes, Being mentally drained can also be causing some of this feeling.