The Thomas Landry Retirement Tour

Doomsday

The Thomas Landry Retirement Tour

Mikkel+Boedker+Nashville+Predators+v+Pho

CALGARY - While the 40th season of the Victory Hockey League rolls on, Calgary Wranglers forward Thomas Landry continues to toil on in what will be his final season in the league. After being traded from Davos, where he made his name as the iconic captain of the HC Dynamo, the two-time Grimm Jonsson Trophy winner was selected as an assistant captain and continues to provide valuable veteran leadership to an up-and-coming Calgary squad.

"Make no mistake about it, this is Travis' [boychuk] team," said Landry. "But I am glad to be here to help get these guys going. There are some talented players here and I hope that when I'm done, they can say that I was helpful to their careers in the end."

Landry is tied with Boychuk for the team lead in points with 20, a quiet year compared to the top scorers in the league this season. However, he has not gone unnoticed on the ice: his 131 hits in 22 games put him on pace to finish just shy of the VHL record for hits in a season with 428. Somehow, some way, Landry will find a way to make an impact on the VHL during his retirement tour.

Jethro Novacek is a writer for the MSFL Magazine, which is currently producing bigger issues than the VHL Magazine. He enjoys listening to Fleetwood Mac albums, polishing large trophies and playing with large weaponry.