Now or Never for Davos

CowboyinAmerica

:dav:

Davos, Switzerland -- A lot of people associated with the HC Davos Dynamo locker room and front office thought the final games of the season might be a bit stressful. But I'm not sure a single person expected the mess that has happened in the European Conference standings.

Entering six games left in the season for much of the VHL, the Dynamo sit second in the conference standings at 83 points. That puts them five points ahead of Malmo in third... and just ten points ahead of Prague in seventh. Indeed, with just five points separating a first round bye to next-to-last in the conference, there will be some stressful times ahead for teams in the middle.

Davos goalie Xavier Booberry said he's not thinking about that right now, however. All he sees in front of him is one game to win at a time.

"I think it's easy to be overwhelmed by keeping up with the playoff race. That's why I just don't do it," Booberry said. "If we win out on the ice, then the standings will shake out as they will."

He's aware that some teams may come at him harder than others, though. That includes his next opponent in Warsaw, who's currently just outside the playoff cut line. Still, Booberry feels confident.

"Especially after [acquiring] Florida Man, we've been doing well. Real well," Booberry said. "Things are starting to gel ahead of a potential playoff bid, and I really just want to keep that momentum going."