what now

dlamb

Calgary captain Mark Giordano says Nathan MacKinnon could be the world's  best player

Seattle, WA - Vasile Lamb, one of the Seattle Bears' big additions at this past VHL Trade Deadline, has just fallen in the NA Conference Finals to the Calgary Wranglers. In 16 games, Lamb posted 5 goals and 7 assists for 12 points, along with 99 shots, 82 hits, and, notably, 42 PIMs. While Lamb is still an impending unrestricted free agent, talks are reportedly ongoing between his camp and the Seattle Bears to figure out an extension. However, some rumors out of Seattle have surfaced that Lamb may be contemplating retirement.

In end-of-season interviews a few days after the Game 6 loss to the Wranglers, Lamb was asked about these playoffs and his overall future in the league. He did not hold back his frustration with the VHL referees and their calls, stating, "I'm not [expletive] happy with how they called our games, especially the way I felt they were specifically targeting me. I get that I play a really physical game, but I that just doesn't justify some of the calls that were made." Lamb specifically mentioned the boarding major and slashing call in Game 3, and a hooking call in Game 5 as penalties he felt were softer than usual, and that the referees in the series were coddling Wranglers forwards Daniel Janser and Landon Wolanin. But no matter who you ask, it is no question that Lamb's penalty troubles were a major issue for the Seattle Bears in the playoffs, just flat out putting his team down too much in key moments. 

When asked about his future, Lamb said simply "I need some time off to think about things and talk to my family and agent. Retirement is something that has been in the back of my mind these last few days, but I haven't made any final decisions yet." If he does decide to keep playing, there are expected to be multiple teams bidding for his services come Unrestricted Free Agency this off-season.

The 21-year old had 85 points in 73 regular season games played this past season split between the Dragons and Bears and is expected to finish between 2nd and 5th in Scott Boulet Trophy voting. VHL free agency begins on April 1st. 

(380 Words, was going to try to make a MS but realized I claimed pension already)