My thoughts as I sit waiting

JCarson

Random thoughts during the offseason 

First, Congratulations to the Calgary Wranglers on their Continental Cup victory. You had a wonderful season and are much deserving of this honor. Enjoy your victory during the offseason, take some time to celebrate. Just know that many teams will be gunning for a chance to knock you out next season. 

Second, I am happy that those who needed to make the decisions regarding the GM changes did that in an orderly fashion. As a player on a team that is undergoing a management change it is nice to know that the person taking over has time to plan before entering the free agent, trade, and draft process. 

Third, Jacob Carson as GM. Have to say that this comes with some mixed emotions. As his father I am proud that he has made a good impression in the league and would be considered worthy of being a GM. As a player for London, I do have some concerns as it might require him to trade Molly the Cat to make the improvements that are required for the team to be competitive. I am really hoping I do not get traded to an even crappier team. 

Fourth, I am going to say this again, the offseason can be extremely boring and for those who do not make the playoffs and must wait longer it can be excruciating. I know that there are offseason activities but those tend to wait until after the playoffs finish so that those involved in the playoffs can be involved. I also know there is a lottery tournament, but nobody pays much attention to that, as it has a negligible impact on things overall. 

Well, those are my thoughts as I have been waiting for the offseason to begin. 

36 minutes ago, STZ said:

Imagine having to sit your dad down and tell him he was traded.. 

Man I'd get mine off my team so fast, can't have him seeing the authoritarian shit I do that I learned from him :D 

4 hours ago, STZ said:

Imagine having to sit your dad down and tell him he was traded.. 

Or better yet, finding out from the forum notification before being told.