London United Press Conference - GM edition

JCarson

1) Dil has left us, what is one thing he did that you think improved London?

2) What 1 character trait do you think is most important in a GM?

3) It is expected that Jacob will need to make some changes to the team to make them competitive, other than yourself, who is one player you hope he doesn't trade?

4) What changes do you hope the GM will make in the locker room?

5) What Nick Name should we give our new GM?

6) Do you think that Jacob will be able to lead London to a championship in the next 4 seasons?

1. Dil created one of the best locker room environments I have seen in the VHL. I am certain jacob will do a great job maintaining that environment.

2. Charisma. If you don't have the charisma to at least hold a conversation with anyone on your team you will have a bad locker room and people won't want to even play for you or even worse leave the league.

3. Jesse Teno is obviously an important of the team now and in the future. I think trading them could really harm the team competitively in the future.

4. I hope jacob doesn't change anything if that locker room is the same if I ever become a FA in the VHL I would sign with London immediately.

5. The child since he is currently GMing his father.

6. It is possible, but in reality you can have the best team out there but if STHS doesn't like you you won't carry that cup.

5 hours ago, JCarson said:

3) It is expected that Jacob will need to make some changes to the team to make them competitive, other than yourself, who is one player you hope he doesn't trade?

6) Do you think that Jacob will be able to lead London to a championship in the next 4 seasons?

1. I think he left it with a good core to keep going and to be successful in the future. 
2. Someone who is open with their players.

3. I think Triller. He just got up to the VHL and after seeing him work in the M, he’s definitely one to keep around and build up. 
4. I hope he can bring in some new players who can inject some life back into our game. 
5. Jake and Bake because I hope he can cook up a good plan for the season. 
6. I hope so! I have yet to win one as a player and it would be amazing to grab a trophy.

6 hours ago, JCarson said:

1) I think he brought a lot of energy and excitement back to the team. It had been stagnant for a while, and whether or not it worked, it was certainly exciting.
2) Patience. It can be really easy to watch something not work once and blow it all up. Sticking to a vision is something that separates a good GM and a great one.

3) I don't love trading anyone, so hopefully the least amount possible. But of course progress needs to be made!
4) I want to make London a place for conversation, and to expand our network to bring attention to the team.

5) I'm not sure I'm allowed to contribute to this.
6) I hope so, but there is a lot of work left to be done! Excited to see what we can do though in such a tight EU conference!

6 hours ago, JCarson said:

I need a press conference.. this looks like the newest questions..

1. The GM.

2. Not being Dil.

3. I hope he doesn’t trade his dad. I think he should hold that power above his head and abuse it. What other reason would there to become a VHL GM?

4. Taco Tuesday. Also maybe having sim watch parties on discord chat where everyone of age gets drunk as shit.

5. Better Dil, second best Jacob Carson.

6. Probably not. But I’m sure he will do an amazing job and eventually win a cup and GMOTY. 4 seasons is just a small window..

7 hours ago, JCarson said:

1.  Drafted me! Lol Hopefully that turns out to be a good move and my player is able to fit in quickly!

2.  Communication.  A GM needs to be active in the LR and sharing with their team what plans they have so that everyone is involved.  They also need to bring some good banter!  A fun back and forth can create a fun atmosphere and that is what will ultimately keep people earning and enjoying their time in the VHL.

3.  Aimkin, Jesse Teno.  This is probably the safest answer because it wouldn't happen, other than that, if Jacob needs to make a trade I trust him.

4.  I hope he brings in someone fun to hang out with!  That will make the LR that much more engaging and long term, it needs to be engaging.

5.  JC!  I can't think of anyone more important that would have those initials.

6.  I think it will take him 3.  With the pieces we currently have, I think it will take that long for everyone to improve enough to contend but I think he will also be able to bring in a couple players that will speed it up.

Hi.  Jumping on your PC. 

1. Having played with Dil In Warsaw I think he makes the LR better and more fun. He’s funny and keeps it light. 

2. the ability to help players become better and more interested 

3. Molly the Cat

4. well I hope he makes London a playoff club (but always lose to Warsaw).  Please 

5. The JC

6. yes