The Pre Draft Process

ScottyP

The Pre Draft Process:

The pre-draft process has been pretty fun! I have been contacted by quite a few teams and have enjoyed the questions and back and forth. Most teams contacted me through the forum messages, but one hit me up on discord messages. We had more of a chat or back and forth…I thought that was a unique and cool approach. 

I’m still a bit lost on exactly what happens I am fortunate enough to get drafted by a VHL team. Do I play for that team? Do play for a minor league team still? Do I get sent to the. European league? I’m still a little confused and maybe it depends on the player and or team. If anyone that knows the answers to this questions actually read us this (lol), maybe reply and let me know! 

I am excited for a new season (wherever I end up playing). It’s a fresh start and I will be able to stay accountable for my weekly TPE and improve Rip Wheeler to make him a valuable member of whatever team he ends up on. 

A few more questions for the 1 or 2 people that may glance at this. What is your favorite way to eat TPE? What are the top 5 attributes you add TPE to and why? What is your goto cocktail? And if you had to eat one type of food for the rest of your life…what would it be?

I know those last two aren’t hockey related, but they are important questions that I’d like to know the answer to. 

Wow!! A lot of questions so I guess I better answer this press conference!! 😁

2 hours ago, ScottyP said:

Do I play for that team?

Rip will be drafted twice this off-season. Monday by an VHL team and next Saturday by a VHLE team. Based on current TPE at 200-ish you will play in the VHLE by the team that drafts you. Once your TPE earning reached 350TPE; maybe a bit lower then you will start to discuss with your VHL team if you should be called up to the main roster or stay in the VHLE longer. So, you should play at least one season in the VHLE and then maybe move up to your VHL team.

Do play for a minor league team still?

See above response as yes you will most likely play in the VHLE next season.

Do I get sent to the. European league?

Yes, Until around 350TPE and auto moved at 400TPE.

What is your favorite way to eat TPE? What are the top 5 attributes you add TPE to and why?

I will answer these ones together since it doesn`t change that much between defender or forwards but the Goto cocktail is always Offensive Vision, Wrist Shot & Slap Shot then I like controlling the puck so add deking, stickhandling before add stickcheck & defensive coverage; all these stats to 70 before I start to customize my build a bit more based on how I see him playing. Offensive then add more to the first three (OV, WS & SS) more of a two way or power forward then add more defensive ability (SC & DC) adding in some Checking (BC)

I do this to say on TPE spent since it cost 1 TPE to increase those stats; if I rated them on biggest influence then I would rate them 1. OV 2. DC 3. Stick check 4. Stick Handle 5. deking 6. WS & SS equal

What is your goto cocktail?

Long Island Iced tea as I don`t tend to drink cocktails per say. I am more rum, whiskey and beer guy.

if you had to eat one type of food for the rest of your life…what would it be?

Meat - LOL!! Steak is by far the food that I am missing the most since leaving Alberta and moving to Japan. Yes, We have steak here but at $30-60 per 3oz; no thank you when I used to eat 10oz for under $10. Also miss my Turkey as it is very hard to find here and even if you did it wouldn`t fit into the microwave; which they use to bake here.