Olivier Gauthier - Reformed

fonziGG

Last season was a tough season in the VHLM for me. I had high hopes for the season and was extremely disappointed when things didn't go to plan. I finished the season with a 0.89 SV% with a 2.71 GAA alongside only 3 shutouts. This is not good enough and is far from what I hoped I could achieve in the VHLM in my first full season. What makes it disappointing as well was that I was playing inside my own head. I wasn't focused at all and I know I didn't have all my focus. I thought I could coast by on what I was doing. This was wrong.

Despite all of this, I'm grateful for the opportunity that the Marlins have given me, and have gained some valuable experience. I know there's lots of work to do if I want to become the best in the VHL. I'm willing to put in the extra time and effort to make that happen as well. I'll be in Kelowna this off-season which is the mecca of off-season training. All the best hockey training happens here. I've been invited to a few camps which primarily focus on goalies... I'm super excited to see what I can take and add to my game. I hear Patrick Roy is going to be there too which is... Let's just say he's my idol.

Some great news though, I've been drafted by the Prague Phantoms. It seems like I'll be playing next season with San Diego again which is nice considering it's a very familiar place. This is a huge opportunity for me to prove to myself and to the Phantoms that I have what it takes to become the starting goalie at the highest level. I've been speaking with the Prague management and we've worked on how I need to improve my game and work on my weaknesses in order to succeed. I'm excited by this challenge and I'm determined to make the most of this opportunity and to prove to this league what I'm capable of being. Let's just say, Clueless Wallob. I'm coming for your spot. You enjoy the next season or two being the starter in Prague but just remember that I'm coming, like a goddamn freight train and I will take your spot.

Looking back on the season, I realize there were some things I should have done differently. I need to work on staying calm and composed under pressure, work on my reflexes, and on my positioning. These are all areas I will be working on during my off-season in Kelowna. This is how I think make sure that I'm ready to come back stronger next year. Overall, while I'm disappointed in my past season, it also brings up a valuable learning experience. I'm excited for next season and the season beyond in order to prove myself in the major leagues. I know I have a lot of work to get to but I'm up for the challenge and prepared to take my game to the next level.