Olivier Gauthier Training Hard

fonziGG

Jerry Collins: Hello everyone! This is Jerry Collins from Sportsnet 1. Here we have a well-esteemed goaltender in Olivier Gauthier. We'll be interviewing him today after getting drafted by the Prague Phantoms. How are you, Olivier?

Olivier: I'm well and you?

Jerry: I'm well, thank you for asking and for doing this! Olivier, your stats this past season don't stand out as impressive. What do you think went wrong and how do you plan to improve?

Olivier: Well, haha, I can't say that things went wrong per say. I faced some tough teams and there were certainly games where I should have played better. I'm not going to dwell on this past season though, as I'm not the type to do that. Me, my coaching staff and upper management in Prague have identified where I need to improve and I'm taking steps to work on those problem areas. I'm confident in myself that I'll be able to bounce back stronger.

Jerry: Many people are questioning whether you should've been drafted so high. How do you respond to that?

Olivier: I'm more than ready for the VHL. I've been working for this my entire life and I'm confident that I have what it takes to play at the highest level. I'm not going to let a few disappointing stats from last season hold me back. I'm going to prove the doubters wrong and show everyone that I'm a force to be reckoned with. Just watch next season everyone, I plan to prove you all wrong.

Jerry: I am extremely excited to see that. What do you think sets you apart from other goalies in this league?

Olivier: I think my combination of athleticism, determination, and reading of the game sets me apart. I'm confident in my abilities and I'm not afraid of taking a risk, ever. I'm always striving to be the best. I'll never give up on a play no matter how much it's going against me. Thats what makes me a great goalie. Thats whats going to make me successful in the VHL. Not every goalie has that attitude. For me, it's just instinctual.