Wann Kerr looking to "keep playing the game the right way"

VattghernCZ

IMG_3935.jpg

The training camps are open throughout the league, and one of the first players to arrive at the Wolves training camp was Wann "lil' Wank" Kerr, who's looking to build on his strong rookie season.

On the offensive side, Kerr scored 20 goals - 6 of them on man advantage - on 189 shots, and assisted on 24 other for 44 total points.

"I feel like I had too much puck luck, many of my goals were rebounds and redirects. No way I would have won the team Sniper Award if I actually tried to create offense, I would have probably just slowed my linemates down. The fact I did score 20 says a lot about the team around me," said Kerr.

However, scoring is just a part of Kerr's game, he's already showing how mature and well rounded player he is. Defensive play, forcing turnovers and puck battling along the boards and in corners are things overlooked by stat sheets in the VHL, and that's where Kerr already looks like a seasoned pro, utilizing his unexpected physical strength. He could however add a little bit of grit to his game to be even more effective in these areas.

When asked about his goald for the upcoming season, Kerr said: "I think I need to keep playing the game the right way. Not cheat on defense, keep the puck away from our net, and clear the slot in the offensive zone to create space for my teammates. I should get more involved physically as well, I think I'm strong enough to try outmuscling opposing puck carriers more often than I did last year."

39 minutes ago, VattghernCZ said:

"lil' Wank" Kerr

Love the nick name!! LOL!! Focus will need to be placed on Offense a bit more this season after the last two trades brought in a heavy defense first defender and we traded our main goal scorer from last season so new offensive abilities for Lil Wank Kerr would be great!! LOL!! Or try to win every game 1-0.