a tale of two Brothers // an interseason summary

Bild

Graphic courtesy of Leandrofg

(Marcel's stats/Daniel's stats)

Our Canadian correspondent Jean-Luc Lieuxperroux met the elder Janser brother during the ProAm tournament and caught up with the Swiss center's life after the win of the prestigious Continental Cup with the Wranglers.

Jean-Luc Lieuxperroux (JLL): 'Hi Daniel. Thanks for meeting up with me. First of all, how is fatherhood treating you?'

Daniel Janser (DJ): 'Anytime, Jean-Luc. It is a very exciting process to be sure. I feel bad for Bonnie though, as she is most often the first one to hear Callum to cry in the night. So she gets up without waking me up and takes care of the little man's needs. I think, being in the army has taught me to get sleep whenever I can and to subconsciously ignore any 'disturbance'.'

JLL: 'I see. How would you rate your proficiency in changing diapers?'

DJ: 'I am not going to lie. The first couple of times a made a big mess and I have peed on by Callum more than once. Which seems a common occurance when you have a baby boy. But I get better at it and learned to shield me with the diaper to avoid bigger spills. I'd say at the moment I am at four out of ten with an upwards tendency.'

JLL: 'You are very honest about this and I appreciate that. Now, the VHL award event was held a couple of days ago. You have been absent from same. Did you avoid it because you were not awarded a trophy this time around?'

DJ: 'This has some truth to it. I was on the fence of going there anyway, with the new born in the house. Seeing that I was not getting any of the statistical awards this season and considering that for the voted awards there were better candidates than me, tipped the scale in favour of spending time with my young family instead. Especially in view of the fact that I am also playing here in the ProAm, I try to get family time whenever I can.'

JLL: 'Marcel has now signed with Helsinki. An era of two Brothers in Calgary ends. What is your take on that?'

DJ: 'We both knew that going into a league where there is the draft system and a salary cap in place, could mean that we may end up playing for different teams. However, GMs of the VHLM like N0HBDY and Alex, as well as JB123 in the JST and last but not least Kris Rice of the Wranglers drafted us as a package. We are thankful for the trust put in us and the time we could spend on the same team together. Also in Helsinki Marcel has the chance to play a bigger role than as they were in need of some veteran presence on their blue line. In Calgary, he was more of a depth player, a role he was happy to accept. He won a cup and that is all he wanted of his career. Now he wants to explore whether he can take on a more prominent role in a team that was out of contention the last couple of seasons.'

JLL: 'What is the plan for the remainder of the off-season?'

DJ: 'After the ProAm, Bonnie, Callum, Marcel and I will get aboard the 'Chancer' and my dad will ferry us to Finland to drop off Marcel in Helsinki. We will stay a couple of days in Europe and then fly back to Calgary in time for the Training camp.'

JLL: 'That sounds like a bliss. Hope you enjoy your cruise and thanks for your time.'

DJ: 'My pleasure, stay safe.'

Daniel is playing for Team Scheme in the ProAm and shows the following stats:

41gp, 29g, 32a, 61pts, +4, 61 PIM, 126 hits, 34 sb, 4ppg, 1shg, 1gwg, 64.30FO%, 5 first star nominations

https://vhlforum.com/topic/133877-a-tale-of-two-brothers-a-talk-with-the-captain/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/133955-a-tale-of-two-brothers-slaying-bears/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/134168-a-tale-of-two-brothers-we-are-the-champions/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/134337-a-tale-of-two-brothers-good-bye-janser/

Edited by Daniel Janser

Article Review:  Another great article by Daniel Janser.  The extended storyline of the brothers is a great addition to the work Daniel does on the ice.  I really hope that the storyline continues and that we get to hear a lot more about the Janser brothers and the family as a whole.  Keep up the great work both on and off the ice. Congrats on the Championship in Calgary.

Hoping to see Daniel in the VHL hall of fame one day, it is well deserved,

I give this article a 9/10.