Post VHL draft Interview with Riga Reign/Oslo Storm rookie Rip Wheeler:

ScottyP

Post VHL draft Interview with Riga Reign/Oslo Storm rookie Rip Wheeler: 

Q) Alright Mr. Wheeler, congrats on being drafted! Tell me about the emotions! What’s going through your head! 

A) “Man! Thanks bud…you know uh, I’m just grateful to hear my name called, and I couldn’t be happier to be drafted Riga! I had to look it up, I’m headed to Latvia?! Man, better get a passport huh bud?! Haha. I’m excited…I’ve never really traveled out of the good Ol’ US of A…but I’m excited for the new experiment! 

Hey bud, I actually wanna take some of this time to thank all my coaches, teammates and the GM of the Las Vegas Aces…they truly set me up for success last season and are a big reason I was drafted.”

Q) Ok Rip! You love to shine a bright light on the boys for sure…any other Rip shouts outs? 

A) “oh yaaa buddy! Big shout out to uh the boys for getting drafter in season 88. Dank Turtle was uh, ya know a stud for Mexico City last year. Julien Tessier is a you know uh a youngster, but uh he’s gonna crush it in the M this season..and then there is Scruff McGruff, you know uh love the name, what’s beauty! and uh I’m excited what he can do this season too!”

Q) Ok, hold on Rip…I’m getting some breaking news from some well places sources within the VHLE…ok, yes…yes it is confirmed…you have been also been drafted by the Oslo Storm! Thoughts on this breaking news!?

A) “Wow! Norway!…it’s Norway right? Haha…man I am gonna be riding on a jet plane like it’s going outta style bud! I can’t wait to hit up some of the nightlife in Grunerløkka, I heard it’s Oslo's trendiest neighborhood! I don’t even know how to say that, but uh that’s what google just told me…love my I phone! It’s like all the knowledge is at my fingertips ya know?”

“Have you seen those Oslo sweaters?! Damn bud, those are some you know uh, really nice threads! Ol’ Rip is gonna look mean in the black and red!  I am super excited to meet the Oslo boys and start gearing up for the season!”

Q) Wow, Rip you always have a unique take! Haha…any players past or present that you model your game at after?

A) “I want to uh, excel as a true power forward. I want to be a hard nosed player, but also someone that is able to put some points on the board. I think of uh, ya know players like Eric Lindros, Brenden Shannahan, Jerome Iginla and Cam Neely. That who uh, I look to and model my game after.”

Q) Wow, that’s some high standards there! Any parting words Rip? I’ll let you go enjoy the day. 

A) “No sir! Although, I Heard one of the local bars has uh, you know the Ol’ fireball on tap…you know what that means!! Rounds for the boys! Letsss goooooo!!”

Q) Of course, you and your fireball! Haha…Thanks again for the time Rip. I appreciate the entertainment. 

516 words