511 words ramble ramble

Honestly, my mind isn't really focused on sim leagues as of now. The vacation is coming up with all of this preparation and stuff. So this article is very skippable, I'd say. Also, with the vacation coming in I'm not even sure if I'll even send lines. The index may be posted too late so I will have to ask someone. Worry not, I guess. Kelvie or Alex to the rescue! By the way, it looks funky - a Davos GM helping a Riga GM...oh yeah Skor is playing in my team so it all checks out.

Nothing else is about to happen in offseason in Riga so here's the final roster for the season opener. Looks fine for me. People would argue our forward lineup isn't super elite...yeah I wouldn't argue much with this. We're having a balanced team with pretty much no weaknesses. And signing Crumb was a nice touch imo. The chances are signing a higher TPE def would just mess up with the roster's balance. Having a lower TPE player is nice and Crumb is still going to do some background job at defence and I'm fine with that.

Two bigger moves happened before the draft though. Now that Riga actually managed to make the playoffs last season; it was a signal that it's time to make moves. The statline wasn't so pretty as our actual performance and staying put would put us in danger of missing this time. The first one was Preobrazhensky. I was already being teammates with him in Moscow so it's a nice touch here. Also I didn't even have to spend much. Just a 5 spot drop in draft. And we still managed to claim a quality draftee in Wheeler. Bulduray also signed with us for the rest 2 seasons of Sergey's career. All in all, I like everything about this deal. Now, with Torq. We already had a good defensive lineup, but I felt like we would fall short without a legit star at the blue line. Couple of searches later and my eyes were on the main Malmo's defenseman. Some back and forth with Kaleeb and the deal is done. It did suck to move Knievel though. In fact, I had more second thoughts about him rather than picks. Quite frankly, I don't really care about S89 picks. Even if the draft ends up as a decent one, I was still not feeling at that moment. So I was real fine to move these S89 picks out as long as I have S90 intact. Anyways, we needed more big time players and I pulled the trigger. That's the whole story. Not in details of course, but I'm not having much mood to do so. My only mood is the vacation so deal with it.

I'm also hoping for a good start as I don't want to spend my time trying to figure out lines while I'm in Montenegro getting lai....no that's a bit harsh. While I'm chilling there, that's what I wanted to tell.

That's it and I'm out.