Why did Vegas draft whoever they drafted?

Blazzer

A small recap on what happened for us to be able to pick those that we did on that night itself. We did make trades in order to move up the draft board with the intention to draft higher TPE players that we had great interviews with. As a GM, I really focused on trying to bring in more locker room activity and better-earning players this time which is why we made the few picks that you guys saw. Currently, we do have 7 players with the breakdown being 4 forwards, 3 defenders and a goalie (yes we have one, finally). Now the numbers aren't very impressive but I sure am hoping for quality over quantity here. Now back to the reason I wrote this article. 

First round, 3rd overall

Dank Turtle 

The future Riga Reign center was pretty high on my draft list but wasn't on top before I sent out a draft interview. My reason is there were other players that were ahead in TPE and earning with a similar locker room presence as Dank hence I wasn't too keen on drafting him. However, a last-minute Achilles injury in one of the players I had my eyes on forced me to look into other players like Dank, Deluca, Jensen and even Pope Francis. I did choose Dank in the end because his interview stood out and most importantly, he wanted to be a part of the organisation. He is projected to be on the starting lineup every game night and I am looking forward to seeing his player pop off. 

First round, 10th overall

Leo Lewkowicz

This is the pick we obtained from the trade with Mexico, shoutout to cole for being an amazing GM to work with. Trading up was what I had in mind but the person wasn't. By the time it got to the 10th, Eric Queefson was already off the draft board and we were bummed because twists expressed a lot of interest in coming back and we traded up for him. we looked around and Viper saw potential in Leo Lewkowicz. The solid defenseman spent S87 with Mississauga and nearly racked up a PPG. We rushed in a last-minute interview and hoped for the very best with drafting Lewkowicz. With his addition, we got a strong group of defenders that we can rely on. 

Second round, 12th overall

Jeremia Barbaslov

This pick went to a forward again because I felt that it was time to bring in more forwards so that we could at least score goals. The future Toronto Legion winger fell into our hands and we took the chance to draft him. He didn't have the greatest season but we believe that he can insane value to the team by having high offensive stats. It was a pleasure speaking to Je Barbaslov and we definitely took that into consideration when drafting. 

Second round, 18th overall

Ronald Johnson MacWallace III (RJMW III)

This pick was one that I was really excited about. All over the league, I saw him interacting with people and especially in JST which immensely caught my eye. I knew I had to do something to get this player on my team and Viper pulled off the work because he is the AGM and his job is on the line every day (as we have established on the draft stream). RJMW earns 14 TPE on average since he joined and actively engages in the locker room. This meant a lot to me because I knew that I was gonna be drafting a reliable, engaging and steady earning player.