Thoughts On Theme Week

Subject056

Thoughts On Theme Week

I've only been in the league for one season so far and I've only experienced theme week once; however I am looking forward to the next theme week. I genuinely enjoyed theme week and it was fun to see what graphics and articles other users came up with. Plus getting that double TPE is *chef's kiss* !

My one gripe about theme week is that while it's great to see it on the calendar and know it's coming up… It would be awesome to know what the theme was ahead of time. Having an announcement of what it would be earlier would help those of us with busy schedules plan our TPE tasks ahead of time. Even if the theme was announced just a week beforehand, it would be really helpful. The last theme week I had a tough time being able to turn something around within the week it was announced. First it was just figuring out an idea then trying to find time within the week to get it out. I know not everyone plans their TPE tasks ahead of time, but it would be super helpful especially if you knew work, school or life was gonna be crazy the week of theme week. Then you could plan ahead to get that sweet double TPE if you know you might be tight on time when theme week hits. 

Anyways that's all I had folks, thanks for reading this far if you're still here. Looking forward to seeing what the powers that be have planned for us next time theme week hits!

Word Count: 266

Edited by Subject056

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, Subject056 said:

Having an announcement of what it would be earlier would help those of us with busy schedules plan our TPE tasks ahead of time.

TBH that implies we have the themes remotely planned ahead of time. Honestly I'm surprised we remembered more than a day or two before; that's usually how it ends up going.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

TBH that implies we have the themes remotely planned ahead of time. Honestly I'm surprised we remembered more than a day or two before; that's usually how it ends up going.

Ah gotcha. Yeah understandable you guys are busy as well.

How does the process work when you pick - Do you all come up with one and you guys take a vote?

• Commissioner
36 minutes ago, Subject056 said:

How does the process work when you pick

Generally one of us realizes it’s in a day or two and we scramble to come up with ideas we don’t hate while also saying “wait have we done that before” a lot. We rectified that problem this season by making a spreadsheet of all the past ones so that’s convenient.

Anyway if we can’t decide on something we’ll usually get the red / green teams and / or the BOG involved and eventually we scramble enough to find an idea we’re fine with.

Then everyone complains about whatever we chose.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Generally one of us realizes it’s in a day or two and we scramble to come up with ideas we don’t hate while also saying “wait have we done that before” a lot. We rectified that problem this season by making a spreadsheet of all the past ones so that’s convenient.

Anyway if we can’t decide on something we’ll usually get the red / green teams and / or the BOG involved and eventually we scramble enough to find an idea we’re fine with.

Thanks for the breakdown! It's interesting to hear what's going on behind the scenes. Sounds like a good process so far especially having that spreadsheet handy.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Then everyone complains about whatever we chose.

Haha its hard to make everyone happy

• Commissioner
47 minutes ago, Subject056 said:

Sounds like a good process so far

It's really not but glad we're getting by with a semblance of competency haha