Retro Bana Blabs Down Under #68

Banackock

🇦🇺 Retro Bana Blabs Down Under #68🇦🇺

245AEDF2-2C77-46DD-94F6-2629F4D7B3C4.jpeg.dbf5fbde5cb004ffe2660d42a2ccf3fd.jpeg

S88 VHL Index

G'day, everyone. Similar to the last time I wrote one of these media spots,  i’m back for the second time today to hit you with a Bana blabs. Things have been going OK on my side of the world. I recently dropped $15,000 into stocks and I’m hoping that kind of makes up for not working the last few weeks with my fractured metacarpal bone. The weather has been warm here in Perth, but it has also been rainy this week. Hopefully on Monday everything goes well and I can take this fucking cast off because let me tell you I’m over it lol and then lastly the big thing going on in our life is on May 9. We are flying to Bali and will be in Bali from May 9-17.. we have a sweet property booked on Airbnb and I’m excited to swim in that pool. It will be the second country I visited outside of Canada obviously Australia being the other one. While we’re there, we’re going to do a hike at 1:30 in the morning to the top of the volcano and then there’s also this little excursion where you get to raft down the river have lunch, and then quads through these rice fields to a coffee plantation. Super cool! Outside of my life, and into the DHL, theme week is here, and the blue team has decided to go with retro. Interesting theme so I guess I’m going to have to hit you with a little bit of the past in this BANA blabs. with that being said, let’s take a walk down memory lane and embrace this theme week’s idea of retro. I am struggling a little bit with this theme so we are just going to go with three bullet points on six retro players that I would like to see in todays hybrid VHL!! Let’s split everything up too, and pick two forwards to defenceman and two goalies!!

FORWARDS

• The first player we’re going to go with hete is Franchise Cornerstone. They were a huge player for the Titans, and I remember watching them often and being a big fan. They finish their career with 855 points in 576 games. Six out of eight of their seasons were above 100 points. And they managed to score 50 or more goals on five occasions, which is super impressive. I feel like they are one of the best players that I have ever seen during my time in the DHL, and if they were to play in today’s league, I strongly think that they would be the best player. Take into account that they would be using the attributes they had then. 
  • Gabriel McAllister might be the best player I have ever had the privilege of managing. They played five seasons with us Before being moved to Davo’s for two seasons. They returned in their final season to get 139 points on what was their most explosive season in their career. They finish their career with 826 points in 576 games and were three goals shy of 400. The member behind the player, CBIA, I think always makes amazing players, and it’s largely due to the effort and time they put into the league. Both of these forwards were absolutely legendary and I’m very lucky to have been able to have one of them on my team.

DEFENSE

• Robert Galante Nilsson spent their time entire career with the Vancouver wolves. 609 points in 576 games as a defenceman is very impressive but what stood out to me most is that they lead the league for their career in shot blocks. So not only did you get a very good player that was able to handle the puck and contribute offensively, but they were an incredible asset defensively.. i’m almost certain they were part of the meta-team which I didn’t follow too much but it was also hard not to. Wasn’t a big fan but you can’t take away from Robert that they were a very good player and maybe one of the more sound defenceman of all time.
  • Aurelien Moreau Played for six teams throughout their career and during the spam they got 630 points in570 for games. During the span of their career, almost always whenever I looked at the statistics they were near the top. They were a very strong player, led by a very good member, and this is often a cocktail for success. In season 81 they achieved 100 assists with the Moscow menace. I’m sure this total has had to happen throughout history, and I’m sure it’s even happened during my time, but I honestly can’t remember the last player who did it. This is super impressive and to have an offensively talented play making defenceman on your team like them would be a huge asset. They’re probably one of the better playmaking defenceman to touch the puck and lace up the skates.

GOALIE

• Rhett Degrath, for whatever reason, is one of my favourite goalies of all time. I think it has something to do with the name, but it also probably has something to do with how well they played throughout their career. 302 wins in their career, 2.03 GAA and a .925%… these numbers are insane, and make them look like a very good goalie, but the coolest part about it all is that they actually had two seasons in their career where they were very bad..  13-42-9 and  14-41-9 In two of their seasons. Imagine if they didn’t have those seasons, and even had just average seasons, how much stronger their numbers would be. They will always go down in history as one of my favourite goalies to ever play in our league.
  • Rayz funk is going to make up the last player on this list for players and goalies. This goalie I had the absolute pleasure of drafting and managing for the entirety of their career. While they were maybe slightly above average in the regular season, they are probably the best goalie to ever play in the playoffs, and we’re a big reason why the Seattle Bears had the success they had. They were constantly posting incredible numbers, and were always one of the best stars of the game in the playoffs for the Seattle Bears. Even when the Seattle Bears wouldn’t show up for a game, funk would bail them out with huge saves, huge games and blank the other team to have the Bears crawl back. Only 294 wins in their career an average goals against and save percentage but when you take a look at their playoff stats, it’s truly incredible. It was also razors last big time active player lol

ONE Bana Australia Fact or Learning from the week #4:

Alright, last week we got to talk about the weather and how crazy the rain is when it rains and this week I get to talk about how bad the drivers are like I kinda wanted to last week. I’m sure it’s everywhere where the drivers are pissed poor and don’t pay attention to pedestrians anywhere out and about. I know where I’m from in Canada and even when I travel to British Columbia usually traffic yields to pedestrians and it doesn’t seem too dangerous to go about your day. On our first day in Perth, we almost got ran over and learned that people actually have to yield to the vehicles in every circumstance.  No, obviously you do it safely and you wait to see if the vehicles gonna go and you don’t just run out there and expect the vehicles to stop but literally no vehicle will ever stop for you to allow you to go no matter what crosswalk you’re at or anything. Just last week I was crossing the road coming home from Kings Park. No one was turning so we went and out of nowhere. A car came speeding up and had to swerve us tonight hit us. Maybe some of our fellow Australians in the legal disagreed with me, and I haven’t seen drivers throughout the world, but I would strongly put Australians up in the world as some of the most aggressive drivers. Walking down on a normal day sounds like outside Rogers place when the Oilers win a playoff game with all the horns honking but it’s actually just pissed off drivers honking at the person in front of them. It’s an absolute fucking nuthouse out here. Where are your seatbelts when you’re driving and your safety helmets when you’re walking my people. 

About the photo:

Well, the first thing being is that this is the first full on picture of myself I’ve posted ever in these leagues. This picture was taken during our first week in Sydney when we were doing all our adventuring. This was the day that we went to the Sidney tower, and the wax museum! This picture was taken all the way on top of the Sydney Tower, and was after we did our walk around. We did a VR roller coaster experience with the Sydney Tower, and then afterwords when we were walking around we found this cute little photo booth. We had the opportunity to take four pictures and, of course, alongside the sappy ones had to get a couple silly photos in as well. We definitely had a ton of fun during this day and our time in Sydney, and I think the happiness shows in our silly faces!!

Thank you to everyone who takes all the time out of the days to read these silly pose. It’s always a lot of fun being able to write about and share my adventures with you all. See you next time!!

1,635 words

Claiming

April 24-30 - theme week +6 uncapped

May 1-7

May 8-14

Edited by Banackock