Keeping Consistent

SEATTLE, May 1, 2022 (Shaiba.ru) – Everyone knows that staying consistent is one of the most difficult things in sports. This is the case throughout a two-week World Championship tournament, just as it is a 72-game regular season. The Seattle Bears are one team that is striving to maintain consistency at the top of the North American Conference in the VHL. The Bears have been there or thereabouts for the entire regular season to date, but it hasn’t always been plain sailing for the Washington-state side.

The Bears jumped out of the blocks racking off a 10-game run without a regulation loss. Since then, the Bears have been keeping pace, but they’ve struggled to rack up a consistent run of wins. Saying that, they’ve shown the backbone so far to avoid going on a losing streak, showing that there’s still a lot to like about this particular group.

Yaroslav Bogatyrev is one player who is also looking to maintain his consistency after a solid start. Bogatyrev started the season as one of the frontrunners, but his scoring production has subsequently slowed. After starting out at around 1.5 points per game, Bogatyrev’s clip has reduced to just above 1.00. Recently, the team decided to move Vasile Lamb off of Bogatyrev’s line, replacing him with Tavish DeGroot, although this has failed to spark Bogatyrev’s scoring form.

“We’re seeing out the regular season at the moment. For us, getting first place in the conference is important to ensure that we get home ice advantage for the playoffs. After the last two seasons, we know that our season starts in the playoffs, but we are maintaining our confidence. I’m hopeful that we continue to put together strong performances,” Bogatyrev said on Sunday.

Speaking about his current personal play, Bogatyrev said that he’s happy on the most part with how things are going, but said that the rigours of a full regular season were taking their toll.

“It’s tough. We play so many games, and to come out and play hard every single night is impossible. If you do that, you have nothing left for the playoffs. Look at how many times the #1 seed goes on to win the Continental Cup. It’s not that often. It’s super hard to maintain peak performance for so long, and the mileage is limited,” Bogatyrev remarked.

“We just need to keep grinding, we need to keep fighting. For me personally, I think things were coming easier earlier in the season, but now things are getting tougher. I’m pretty banged up after so many games. I’m hoping that I get healthy before the end of the season, and the medical staff here at the Bears are doing a great job. I hope that maybe if we can clinch, I can get some additional rest to ensure that I’ll be in the best possible shape going into the postseason. That’s all the matters. The Continental Cup is all that we need,” Bogatyrev stated to conclude the interview.