Lindbergh Calls It A Career

Doomsday

Lindbergh Calls It A Career

255463.webp

CALGARY - Reporters swarmed around Calgary Wranglers' veteran goaltender Oskar Lindbergh's stall in the locker room following a team practice, with anticipation buzzing for the press conference that had been called by Lindbergh and Calgary's management team. However, the punctual net-minder didn't' keep them waiting for long. Flanked by General Manager Kris Rice and Assistant General Manager Leonard Kinnard, Lindbergh emerged and took his place at a makeshift podium at his stall.

"I guess you are all wondering why I have assembled you all here today?" Lindbergh quipped, drawing laughter. Straightening up at the podium, he continued: "It has been a fun time in the VHL, with a lot of great memories, accomplishments, and friends made along the way. The pinnacle, of course, lifting the Continental Cup last season, along with the Daisuke Kanou Trophy. There is still time for another run, for more great victories and memories. But this season will be the last one for me. Following the end of Season 88, I will be retiring from the Victory Hockey League."

It wasn't much of a surprise, after all. In his eighth season and in the final season of his two-year contract with Calgary, and with Merome Dilson ready to make his VHL debut next season, the time is right for Lindbergh to step aside. Following the VHL season, he will get his shot at being the primary goaltender for Team Nordic at the Season 88 VHL World Cup, and is also believed to be making another appearance at the Victory ProAm tournament. It is rumored that Lindbergh has asked to participate at future ProAm tournaments as well if goaltenders are still needed. 

But for now, Oskar Lindbergh has one thing on his mind: lifting the Continental Cup again with his Calgary Wranglers teammates and friends one more time to get the ultimate VHL send-off.