Introducing YaBoi Oven

Doomsday

Introducing YaBoi Oven

OHL Playoffs: Steelheads beat Petes, advance to league final

MISSISSAUGA - The trade deadline is one of the busiest times in the VHL for multiple reasons. In the pros, it's the last chance for teams to sell or make a big addition for a playoff run. In the VHLM, however, it's when brand new prospects with tons of promise arrive to the league. For both the M and the VHLE, it's the beginning of scouting for their next drafts, identifying the players that will lead them on a championship run. The Mississauga Hounds of the VHLM were quick to sign one of these new prospects, Hungarian defenseman YaBoi Oven. But who exactly is this young man that has scouts buzzing with anticipation?

"It's really exciting to get out there," said Oven following his first game with Mississauga, a 7-5 loss against the San Diego Marlins. "Not just for me, but for the development of hockey back in Hungary. There has not been a strong presence of Hungarians in the VHL, outside of Kristof Welch of course. I'm really hoping to show that Hungary is a nation capable of producing top VHL talent, and that others back home see that they can make it here too."

The 6'8, 250 pound Oven is certainly an intimidating presence on the ice, and has quickly worked himself into top pairing minutes with Reginald the Dodo. However, we have not seen the peak of what he can bring to the table just yet.

"I'm definitely playing somewhat reserved," confirmed Oven. "I don't want to come in and disrupt what the team is doing, so I'm prioritizing not being a defensive liability out there. As I adjust to the game, I'll be able to recognize when I can jump in and do more than just keep the puck out of the net."

YaBoi Oven is eligible for the Season 89 VHLM Dispersal Draft, along with the Season 90 VHL and VHLE Entry Drafts.

Jethro Novacek is a writer for the MSFL Times, the premium purveyor of simulation sports stories. He enjoys watching children fail at using pogo sticks, finding creative new ways to jazz up spaghetti, and howling with laughter at the New York Rangers.