Retiring? Who, Me?

:sea:

Seattle -- It's a big week in VHL circles, the one where a number of players in their final season decide to hang up their practice skates for good. This year, that's expected to be the big Season 80 draft class - the first ones to play in the VHLE, go nine seasons, and have overall higher practice hours that make retirement somewhat of a relief.

Except, there's one player on the Seattle Bears that has no intention to turn in his walking papers. Goalie Xavier Booberry, as it turns out, is staying in the practice arena.

"I don't really do many things with half measures. So why would I retire early?" Booberry asked assembled media after a recent practice. "I plan on seeing this thing through to the very end, thank you very much."

Booberry's insistence follows a trend from his agency, which typically sees players play out their entire career before the agency itself goes on a hiatus for a few seasons. Sources indicate the same pattern will follow here and it will be a bit before Booberry has a successor.

But until then, Booberry has two main goals: extend his practice hours lead, and guide the Bears to a VHL title. "You know, I still don't have one of those," Booberry noted. "I've got some work to do before I hang up these skates, and I'm surely not done yet."

30 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Goddamn it, not making the TPE record chase easy huh :D. I figured it'd be the case, will have to do the same next season!

I didn't find time to do the Theme Week though, giving just enough of an opening as a tease 😘