AhShitHereWeGoAgain.Gif

MubbleFubbles

The more things change, the more they stay the same. That's probably a horrible use of that phrase, but whatever. As some may have seen in an announcement by Ricer and through a new draft ranking thread, I've found myself in charge of the draft rankings for the foreseeable future. However, this isn't my first time in the role as I also held the role during the early Season 60's and will have been what a few people who joined around that period remember me doing. Back then, I was gathering all of the information manually but now, I've set up formulas that will give me more automated calculations to help me out, although the process still takes some time. 

Just to give a quick breakdown of how I'm planning on approaching the role:

- I'll be updating the pre-draft rankings every Tuesday to give updaters enough time to approve the backlog from the previous week to give an accurate ranking of the previous week. If I wind up getting updater powers like I had when I held the role back in the Season 60's, I may be able to get them done on the Monday, but for now it'll be Tuesday.

- I've been told that I don't have to update rankings that have been done previously (e.g. Season 81-88 rankings) and to be honest, I don't think there's really that much need for them as you can easily find how people rank for those older classes by filtering the Player List  on the portal by your draft year along with weekly changes in rankings not happening nearly as much once a draft class has a couple of seasons pass. I will though try and update them at some point and, if time permits, try to update them either every half-season or every season.

- One of the things that I feel like the draft rankings section lost over time were the write-ups about the upcoming draft classes which I think added more personality and feedback to the rankings. I'll be doing a couple of things to help with this: First I'll be trying to put up a few smaller articles in the Draft Rankings section when I see something that interests me about the upcoming draft classes. Second, I've been asked if I can help out the VSN with their scouting work that they do for their articles so I'll be contributing towards that as well.

- Also in a similar vein to my old role, I'm going to be looking through the New Member Guide and editing the pieces of work that I feel need updating or formatting or adding to it with pieces that I think may be beneficial to newer members (such as the Capped TPE calculator I posted yesterday)

Edited by MubbleFubbles