End of Season Interview (Payne)

Scurvy

S88 is officially reached the post season and first the first time in his career, Brian Payne is watching from the golf course club house.  From his rookie season in the VHLM, one season in E, and now 6 seasons in the show, he finds himself in an unfamiliar place.  We ran into Payne after Warsaw’s final player/coach meetings and he said the following:

Reporter:  How upset are you with such a talented team not making the playoffs?

Payne: “Well it sucks.  This was Kiss’s @Kisslingerand Marner’s @MetalToday last season before retirement and I really wanted them to taste some wins on the way to another Cup.  They poured their heart and soul for the Preds, and we failed them.” 

Reporter:  Brian, what’s next for you and the team. How do you approach next year?

Payne:  “well back to basics.  We still have an amazing group of players like Girts.  I think Girts @Girtswill step up an lead the club next year for sure.”

Reporter:  You’re the Warsaw all-time leading penalty minute leader, blocked shots leader, and in top 5 in hits.  Are looking for some breakout years in your last two season to put that out of reach?

Payne:  “Well I could care less really.  Pretty much a stupid question. I care only for wins, and I play the game that has gotten me here and what I think helps the team the most.  Goodbye."