Bouchard, Where art thou?

Gaikoku-hito

Roll coaster of emotions to start the play-offs as Vancouver Wolves faced off against a very good LA Stars team but with majority of the league expecting the Wolves to win the series due mainly to the head-to-head in the regular season. It was a bit surprise to see the Wolves whimpering to start the play-off; not even putting up a fight in dropping the first two game. (aka pulling a Toronto)

Just as fast Vancouver started to figure things out with a few line changes and a bit of puck luck. Two wins later and the series was tied heading into a decisive game five. At this point it one would think the Wolves would be nervous but facts be told I think majority of the team felt we were already on borrowed time so when the team fell behind in game five it just meant the team dug a bit deeper to come from behind to win the game in overtime; almost matching the series with a 3-2 score line only difference is Vancouver didn`t go down 2-0 before coming back in this one!!

Bouchard!! Oh!! Bouchard!! Where art thou?  Through the first seven game of the play-offs the offensive defenseman has a total of three assist to his name; far lower than I would have thought considering his near point per game pace the last two season. While I am maybe being a bit unfair to call the defender out for lack of offensive production; one cannot over look his defensive responsibility in these play-off so far with 23 hits(2nd), 26 SB (1st) but the minus 1 also stands out. In the end Bouchard needs to be better at both end of the ice if Vancouver is going to make it past the Seattle Bears and have a chance of going deeper into these play-offs.