Bana Blabs Down Under #70

Banackock

🇦🇺 Bana Blabs Down Under #70🇦🇺

Mount Batur, Indonesia 

S88 VHL Index

Hello, everyone. I hope you are all doing well. A lot has been going on with me in the last little while so it’s going to be a fairly easy blab this week. The virtual playoffs kicked off as well and we finish the wildcard round, and are now into the first round. Technically, I think we’re heading into the second round but everyone has their own opinion about it. Outside of the VHL I just spent May 9 to the 17th in Bali, Indonesia. It was an incredible time but it was extremely hot lol. I knew it was going to be warm but it was something else. I think the hottest day we had was +30 Celsius, which felt like +40 Celsius with the humidity. The humidex was always something like 80 to 90%. We had one day where we went and visited the beach. There were maybe 2 to 3 days where we just kind of walked around or hung out at the Villa and swim in the pool, etc. One day we went to a waterfall, a temple, Luwak coffee plantation and a rice terrace (where we also flew on a swing).  One day we went rafting down a river, played underneath the waterfall in a river, and went ATV Ing through Rice Terrace, Forest, rivers, and tunnels. We also climbed up an active volcano to the very top and the sunrise views were incredible. The 130am wake up and lack of sleep because it’s 3,000 degrees Celsius wasn’t so much lol. Tried a lot of amazing food too which is always a great thing. Best thing I had there was probably a fish dish or this orange water drink they have for like 8,800 rupiah lol. AMAZING stuff! Shout out to McDonald’s there too. I was loving it! Lol Now, enough of that for now, let’s blab. 

PS - Hope you enjoy the neat photos from our trip throughout! Cheers. 

• Virtual playoffs are underway in the wildcard round is now complete. Calgary and Chicago ended up moving on against their opponents in North America along with Seattle and Vancouver. I don’t think any of these matchups really surprise me but I do believe I picked Los Angeles over Vancouver. I felt like it could’ve went either way honestly. In the European conference, I was kind of surprised the ringer got left in the dust. Prog is also struggling I do believe in the second round. London got their first ever series win, which is super cool! 
  • Seattle Bears in the Vancouver wolves are 2-2 two in their series.  I figured it was gonna be a close match up, Frank is a good GM and Vancouver is always a fairly good team. They always put up a good fight and always have a mixture of elite talent in that good depth you need too.  It’s a goalie battle out there and I don’t think either goalie has had a really bad game. The goalie that has the great game wins, and the goalie that has a good game loses. Right now it’s a battle of great VS good and we are all square 2. 
  • My player has been an absolute dud so far in the playoffs when it comes to offensive stats. I think, for arguably being Seattle’s most talented in terms of TPE, nano approved to be the number one guys for all the regular season, and now in the playoffs as well. I honestly don’t mind, and I am really happy for leaf, honestly would rather someone do better than me as a GM. I would, however, like to do a hell of a lot more than I’m doing right now. 1 point in 4 games won’t cut it! 10 shots is nice but something eventually has to bounce in or turn into more chances. 18 hits and 14 SB. Mostly, I need to be better offensively. 

A8CA17EF-13F0-4CC4-8CBC-4B082C0C9315.thumb.jpeg.a3ab409a660dd57620195d00ef3a9af8.jpeg

ONE Bana Australia Fact or Learning from the week #4:

This isn’t going to be a long one as I just got home from Indonesia, and kind of forget what I’ve been learning the last little while. One thing that I did think about in Indonesia while we were there was that it’s very nice that things stay open past 5 PM. It honestly feels like things here in Perth Australia do not stay open past like 5 o’clock. It’s a pain in the ass! Lol

About the photos:

Well, the first one isn’t a photo, it’s actually a video. This video was taken on an active volcano near Mount Batur. We woke up at 1:30 AM and drove to the location from Seminyak. We met our guide, had some crackers and a tea, and then made our way up the volcano. At the top, it was pretty cold, and I had to put on a sweater. We ate some chips that we had packed as a snack while we waited for the sun to rise and our guide to cook our breakfast. He ended up bringing us our breakfast, which was an egg sandwich, a banana sandwich, a banana, each in an orange, each, some snakeskin fruit, and some chocolate cookies. Eventually, the sun came up and it would either be very cloudy and steamy for 15 seconds or very clear. Super beautiful and a lot of fun. We got a lot of Instagramable photos all thanks to my partner, lol..

The second one is in a picture either, so I’m really starting to think I have to change the title of this little portion of my blabs. This was the Hot Springs resort. We went to after the  Mt. Batur hike. There was restaurants, bars, tons of hot spring pools that you could go in, waterslides, normal pools, and all of that awesome stuff. While being in the warm water was incredibly nice the views were what made it very special. Super beautiful and kind of reminded me of adventuring in British Columbia.

The third and final one is a picture. Hurrah! This was after the walk around of the Luwak coffee plantation. Here they make teas and coffee and it was so cool to see everything grown there! My favourite was the coconut coffee. It’s hard to narrow it down after that, but I would say, avocado and vanilla are right behind for the coffee. For the tea, they were all mostly sweet and none really too sweet that it wasn’t good. I think the green or Matcha tea were the best. The luau coffee was a little interesting. There’s this animal that looks like a kitty raccoon and they only eat the best coffee beans. And then go through the digestive system doesn’t get broken down and they poop it out. They only eat the best seeds apparently. They then collect it, wash it off and do the process of cooking them for an hour and then grinding them. It’s costed 50,000 rupiah for a cup. It wasn’t bad at all! Very unique, fun experience and I loved how every excursion was so personal with our guides. Our drivers were amazing too and we always made sure to tip everyone good here. Bali treated it us 10/10 well. ALTHOUGH, fuck scooters/mopeds from now on lol. That’s a story for another time though! 

BANA OUT ✌️ 

1,233 words

May 15-21

May 22-28