Oven's Draft Stock Heating Up

Doomsday

Oven's Draft Stock Heating Up

Mississauga Steelheads Charity Partner Night – The Riverwood Conservancy

MISSISSAUGA - Even though the Mississauga Hounds are in the midst of the VHLM Playoffs, it has not seemed to cool off the hot streak of Season 89 VHLM Dispersal Draft YaBoi Oven one bit. The Hungarian-born defenseman has been enjoying a torrid post-season, and has emerged as not only a strong defensive presence for the Hounds, but one of their stronger offensive options as well. Needless to say, this has not gone unnoticed by scouts, and with his stock growing and players beginning to become ineligible for the VHLM, suddenly Oven looks like a surefire top selection in the upcoming VHLM Dispersal Draft.

"I'm trying not to pay too much attention to it right now," Oven stated following the Hounds' Game Five victory over the Philadelphia Reapers. "This series, this season is not over yet. I was brought to Mississauga to help win a Founder's Cup, and once we do that, I can start to worry about next season."

With winger Zyn Westwood officially heading to the VHLE Entry Draft in Season 89, it leaves defenseman Fradin McGryer as the top draft-eligible prospect, although he too is close to the cut-off for the VHLE. Several other players, such as Shubham Anand and Tobias Weiss, are also in very realistic positions to become eligible for the VHLE as well. Among currently eligible prospects, ranked by TPE, YaBoi Oven is sixth, and a surefire first round pick at this point. Regardless of where he ends up being drafted, Oven seems primed to have a huge season as he looks to cement his spot atop the draft rankings for the Season 90 VHL Entry Draft.

Jethro Novacek is a writer for the MSFL Times, the premium purveyor of simulation sports news. He enjoys riding around on broomsticks, digging holes to China, and remembering random things from the 90's, such as Doritos 3D.