Reflections on the Season

dogwoodmaple

This was a bittersweet season, there's no doubt about it.

For the first third of the year or so, we were absolutely lost.  We couldn't score, we couldn't defend, and we just could not scrape together any points.  But then, something clicked and we turned into a completely different squad.  We strung together wins, we were playing with unity and pace, and we finished the regular season in absolutely spectacular fashion.  Never once did we give up hope, which was especially important as we fell behind 2-0 in the Seattle series.  We managed to win back-to-back games, which forced a pivotal game 5, but victory lay just outside our grasp.

Am I upset that we lost to Seattle? Of course.  But am I proud as hell of our turnaround?  You bet.  A lot of other franchises would've folded at the first sign of trouble, but not Vancouver.  We stuck together, rallied the proverbial troops, and finished with a season that all Wolves' fans could be proud of.

We won't always win, but we will never give up and we will never run from a fight.  

All that's left to do is to come back stronger next season and give it another run!

(202 words)

2 hours ago, dogwoodmaple said:

A lot of other franchises would've folded at the first sign of trouble

As the one who folded at the first sign of trouble against you guys, I feel personally attacked by this.

But Vancouver has been exceptionally well-managed these past few seasons and I'm sure things will be fine going forward. Looking forward to meeting in the next playoffs 👁️

On 5/22/2023 at 11:17 AM, dogwoodmaple said:

we fell behind 2-0 in the Seattle series

It was the LA Stars series that we fell behind 2-0 as we went back and forth with the Bears in the second round.

big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark