Lindbergh Reflects On Career

Doomsday

Lindbergh Reflects On Career

Flames Mailbag: Should Calgary trade a goalie to make room for Dustin Wolf?

CALGARY - The dust has settled following the Calgary Wranglers' 3-1 defeat in Game Six of the North American Conference Championship to the Seattle Bears, ending their season. For Oskar Lindbergh, however, it was also the end of his VHL career, outside of course of the upcoming Season 88 VHL World Cup. After eight VHL seasons, 246 regular season victories, 31 shutouts, and one memorable run to the Continental Cup in Season 87, it is finally the end of the road for Lindbergh.

"Two seasons ago, I had no idea what was ahead of me," reminisced Lindbergh following the Game Six loss. "But I was given an opportunity here in Calgary, but I had to fight to make it happen. But the funny thing is, that fight never went away once I got here. I pushed myself further and further, and we stood atop the VHL world last season. But now... now it's all over for me."

"It was a wonderful run in Toronto," added Lindbergh of the team where he spent the first six seasons of his career. "Even though it never resulted in a Cup, we had some great times together. There was real hope in Toronto that the Legion were ready to compete, and we did. We got so, so close... but now the next generation is rising to break their curse. I was so determined to break the curse, and I found it fitting that if it couldn't be in Toronto, that I wound up breaking one elsewhere, and that ultimately is exactly what happened."

When asked what's next now that his professional career has drawn to a close, Lindbergh had a candid response.

"I don't intend to be finished playing," he answered. "The World Cup is coming up, and after backing up Papa Emeritus for my career, I'm ready to give it my best shot at winning gold again and wrapping up my time with Team Nordic in style. But afterwards, I will be participating in the Victory ProAm Tournament once again, and I am really hopeful that I will be allowed to continue to participate in the future if needed. I've taken part in it my entire career, and I would love to be able to continue to play."

But for now, however, Oskar Lindbergh's fight to be the best has ended, and he can do something he has not done for years now: rest.

Jethro Novacek is a writer for the MSFL Times, the premium purveyor in simulation sports news. He enjoys heralding the unofficial beginning of summer with an outdoor barbecue, campaigning to legalize lawn darts again, and developing a taxi service for turtles.

First off, I'm sorry I couldn't make Lindbergh to David work out. I wanted to but it wasn't in the cards for whatever iteration of "Gustav has a plan and it's not going to work" I was in at the time.

Lindbergh has been interesting to follow, though, especially from the perspective of "decent earner who isn't making many headlines"--aside from my own shitposting I think Vandelay might be headed down the same path.