Around the League

Scurvy

For this weeks Around the League in 500 words I really struggled to find good topics to yap about.  The off-season is among us and it is a chore to grind media spots for the week for my TPE.  I traveled for the last two weeks to the surface of the Sun (aka Phoenix) so I did not max my TPE point tasks which always sucks. So I guess for this week I’ll cover some random chats about the VHL Playoffs, FCKN Rip Wheeler, and some other random stuff to get me to 500 words. 

LONDON VS SEATTLE

First of all congrats to the London United for a great playoff series and Continental Cup victory.  Much deserved for a stacked club that scored a whopping 68 goals in 23 games.  They had 6 players in top 10 in playoff scoring and goaltender Jesse Teno led all goalies with a .949 savec percentage, 1.92 GAA, and 4 shutouts.  London seemed to fire on all cylinders at the end of the season in a very tough European Division and never took their foot of the gas.  Congrats to the team and GM @jacobcarson877

RIP FCKN WHEELER

Ok congrats go again to an Oslo Storm who won the VHLE championship this year but my buddy Rip Wheeler @ScottyP continues to disappoint me.  Now I see Rip at work, and he was bragging about his VHLE Championship so I am happy for him.  However, surfing through the forum and stat pages I decided to click on Wheeler just to see his TPE and earning.  You see I know how busy Rip ISNT so not earning is surprising. Now he was drafted by a very good Riga club with the opportunity to play with a legend in The Frenchman @OrbitingDeath .  But as I looked today for the week ending May 28 he had 6 TPE, week before 14 but only because he did well in VHLF.  Rip has become a welfare clicker and some weeks he even forgets that.   @Thunder and I have worked hard to keep him motivated but now I worry.  He currently sits at 340 TPE so I am not sure he will be in the VHL next season where I desperately wanted to fight him in his debut against my club.  At this rate, Payne will be retired by the time Rip Wheeler makes it to the VHL and I will have missed that opportunity.  As I type this, I have sent him a screen shot of his earnings but he has yet to respond.  Please help me motivate Rip to continue his quest for the VHL!  

JAKE THUNDER

Last year was a career year for the Davos Defenseman.  Scoring 93 points which was #1 overall for Dmen and #7 overall in league.  I was hoping he would eclipse 100 and his performance this year will no doubt lead to some much-deserved awards.  3 seasons remain on his career, and he is just hitting his peak.  He consistently blocks shots, hits, fights, and puts up points.  The only thing eluding Thunder is a Cup win, which Davos will no doubt be competing for next season.  Good Luck Thunder and Great season! 

What can you do about Rip?  @ScottyP is fucking useless.  I can see him bragging in the office about his team getting the trophy and mislead all the coworkers thinking he contributed to Oslo’s success.  Please Rip.  Just do us all a favor and change your name to Jaime Dunham.  You dont even deserve the name Jimmy now that another season has gone by and your TPE is shit.  You better make it to the VHL before Thunder retires so Thunder can fight “Rip”.   Check with Emilee, maybe she can write some articles for you.  Shit at least they’d sound intelligent.  Love you buddy!!